Portuguese Chances in Europe

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Daniel_Alves, Aug 25, 2006.

1. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    well, he was still wrong, but he was excluding the appearances under its original name of European Champion Clubs' Cup I believe.

2. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Hey don't they teach you manners their in school. No personal attacks!

BTW you weren't even born when all that happened.

3. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Wrong! it was 92-93 and Befica wasn't in it.
    http://www.zerozero.pt/edicao.php?id_edicao=623
    or
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/history/Season=1991/intro.html
    Both top two teams from qualifying were in the quarters, only two groups way back then.
    Right, 5 points from leader kaiserslautern
    This isin't about Sporting, it's about how far back you have to go to see what your club has achieved. It was during the days of corruption. Players, not properly signed etc..
    Let's take the team that won all those so called CL titles half of the players weren't even from Portugal.

4. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    You should be real happy by beating a 7th placed team in Austria.

5. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    1. you're right on the fact that the cl was officially introduced one year later, but in 91/92 they already played the same format as it was kind of trial.
    2. we WERE in the quarters, no matter how many advanced and how many groups were played. this was the way the competition was organized that time.
    3. doesn't matter how many points away we were. we were through
    4. ah. half the payers weren't portuguese in the 60's? ten take a look at your team and tell me were hilario, perides and mascarenhas, for example, came from?

however, i don't care about who played for my club nor who did for your. it's important that they did it with their hearts and there are lots of stories on either side that prove that the players wore their shirts with pride.

6. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ

Im very happy. I was there to celebrate even if Viena is not as big a powerhouse team as Halmstad but it's close enough :rolleyes:

7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Looked pretty slim there . . . for a while.:)