Portugal vs Sweden Nations League 2020 G4

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by JoseEmidio, Oct 8, 2020.

?

Result

1. Win

100.0%
  2. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    We've been there and done that... plenty of times! Funny how they still chirp us lol

2. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Also one last thing, I’m convinced we would have been World Cup finalists if not for the bs penalty against Iran. We would have smoked that bracket (Croatia England Sweden)

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol man the Portuguese are a fickle bunch. I point out the weakest link on the entire team and the Benfiquistas get sand in their vaginas. Tough

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

We got the weak bracket in Euro 2016 and played a France team that didn't have Mbappe or Kante.

That argument can go a either way

5. Super Dragao

Super Dragao Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2020
    Toronto - (Rogers Road) and Northern Portugal
    They weren't on the squad then and they were non-factors in the game recently. Dias and Pepe ate Mbappe for breakfast.

You hate on Felix, but Felix showed way more technical ability in that game than Mbappe did. Mbappe's success is down to genetics from a continent that I will not bother identifying and being fast. That is all. Jota is better than him.

6. Super Dragao

Super Dragao Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2020
    Toronto - (Rogers Road) and Northern Portugal
    I agree with that but we were not quite ready, alot of players too young or out of form.

Anything less than winning the Euro final by at least 3 clear goals, I will consider a failure.

I am mostly focused on World Cup 2022, Santos said that is the goal.

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol. No. Felix has been invisible. His highlight in the last two games is missing a wide open one-on-one.

GoodDead repped this.
  8. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well I went to replay the game I DVR'd on the Spanish channel TUDN which clearly says "Portugal vs. Suecia" and it was the Italy vs Netherlands game... Fail. F***ing cable...

9. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm not a big fan of Scolari but this is nonsense. We lost against Greece, there was no inferiority complex there. If anything a bit of complacency when playing teams we were supposed to beat.

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    There was some interviews with Maniche where he admits that Portugal had "excessive confidence" they were win that final. It's on youtube somewhere.

11. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I’ve seen Ricardo Carvalho say the same thing. That on the day of the final, the felt the trophy was already won. That the game would just be a formality. Which is just silly, considering the opening game of the tournament.

That was because they believed they were superior to Greece. I still believe that generation has a complex of not fully believing tiny Portugal deserved to rise above the historic football giants. This is a generally mentality the Portuguese have carried for a long time, but today’s Portuguese youth is different, and I believe the success of the national team and individually if Ronaldo has helped to change this.

12. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    True, we were missing that will to win mentality that Ronaldo exudes

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's never disappeared. Maybe if you actually watched the games you would have a leg to stand on. Keep talking about Felix being so amazing at scoring open net tap ins while missing sitters and break aways. I'm so convinced.

AlexJones19 and SCP_16 repped this.
  14. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  15. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #140 prodigal_mind, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    posters on here (Area 51, wolves supporter) and on wolves subreddit said the same thing. I guess you just know more than them. Have you ever considered coaching/scouting?