Pre-match: Portugal vs. Sweden 2010 World Cup Qualifier 28/03/09

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by F.P.F.4life, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    replace Maniche for Manuel Fernandes as CDM

2. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My Squad

----------------------------------Eduardo-----------------------------
    Bosingwa-------------Pepe--------------------Carvalho------------Duda

--------------------Tiago-------------------Fernandes-----------------
    ----------C.Ronaldo-------------------------------Simao-----------
    --------------------------------Danny---------------------------------
    ------------------------------H.Almeida--------------------------------

Subs:
    D.Fernandes
    Miguel
    Quaresma
    Orlando Sa
    Moutinho

3. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am the new Jose Mourinho :D

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    why would anyone do that?

People need to realize for the NT no one is better then Maniche at unifying the entire squad.

As for Fernandes, please. I'm sick of it the guy he cannot get a look at the NT and if he does it will be in a substitute role where he probably will just do ok. Yet everyone screams for him to start? He doesn't fit he's played games before and it was non impressive.

5. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Have you seen him at Valencia CF!! He has been their second best player after David Villa. He is not afraid to attack and his defending has been impressive this term.

He has also grown up he has not been paid in over 3 months as Valencia are is a crisis. He has manned up and deserves a spot. Tiago everyone was talking crap about him but after 2-3 good games for Juve he is starting althought I believe he should start and with his attcak nature paired with Fernandes they offer alot in the team.

I agree on the Maniche statement but IMHO he should not be expected every game because he has been very sparatic at Atletico so if he is too start you better believe he plays week in and wekk out like Fernandes is

6. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fernandes only plays well next to a DM or Trinco like Abelda, someone who never goes past the ball and gives Fernandes the "freedom" to attack and pressurize where ever he wants.

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Same argument about Maniche over and over. It's really funny now. "Oh he is not good at Dynamo, Oh he is not in form for Chelsea, oh he is benched at Atletico, oh he doesn't play much for Inter" Blah Blah Blah.

Maniche is never consistent for his club sides but is always consistent for Portugal so I could care less about what he's doing at club level because he always shows up for Portugal.

And last I checked Valencia are not having the greatest season.

8. F.P.F.4life

F.P.F.4life New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    people talk about club form because thats how there perfoming at the moment because if you only talked about international form there would be large gaps of time unless theres large amount of friendlies or a big tournament

but maniche has always proved right for portugal
    he was decisive against holland 06 mexico 06 holland 04 etc.
    manny plays similar football as him
    but atm we need experience sweden is a crucial game for our qualification group

9. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Club form should always be taken into account EXCEPT for Maniche is all I'm saying.

I could care less if he stands around picking daisies on the field for Atletico, I want him on the NT. We start playing like a team whenever he is on the field.

10. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Has anyone seen Petit at Koln FC!!!!!!!! He is hands down their best player. He owned that Bayern attack all day he made Klose look like a child and don't get me started on how he defended Donovan.

He is a player, Portugal needs he is a pitbull and he gives his all he weres his heart on his sleeve. Great Player

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    NO HE IS NOT!!!! He does nothing but Foul and give the other teams Free kicks. Donovan get's owned by TFC and the LA Galaxy finished tied for last so he isn't nothing to brag about. But I want to know why do you keep bringing up past players who absolutely SUCK?

Like Ricardo have you watched the Real-Betis Game? Don't mention the defence when Ricardo had shots going right at him and right through him. Instead of Holding on to the ball he punched it twice to Madrid players.

6-1! and you wanted him back because Betis tied Barcelona 2-2 while Betis is a mid level team?

Now Petit? Yuck, get a clue He's crap. Him and Ricardo were on the NT because they made friends with Scolari and that is the same reason Maniche was NOT at Euro 2008 despite being so important to us and despite Scolari telling him he would be on the team. Same goes for Paulo Ferreira who had no spot on RB so Scolari through him at LB where we were constantly beaten.

12. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ok you got me DAMN boy 6-1 absolute murder and did you see Barca lose today wow I missed both those games but Petit follows alot and I never said for us to bring him back ( and he is retired from Internationals) but today he was solid I was talking about his attitude and agressiveness as Portugal dont have A CDM that is agreesive enough

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For me he was always too aggressive. Maniche is aggressive enough.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Exactly.

15. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have watched Petit. Forget these Petit haters. They only understand FIFA PS3 soccer. Some of the guys on here do not have a fully developed frontal lobe so watching and understanding the game is inherently difficult for them.

Petit has played in 20 games this season in Germany. As a DM, he has 2 goals and 5 yellow cards. Compare him to these boys.
    http://www.lpfp.pt/futebol/pages/estatisticas.aspx?competicao=Liga_sagres&stat=Player_Cards

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah and it's not like any of those free kicks he gave Germany ever amounted to anything for them :rolleyes:

Gotta love people who never look to the future yet still manage to forget the past.

17. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ricardo had by far the worst game a goalkeeper can have against a team. ********ing embarassing.

edit: Meant this for GD but whatever you wanted Ricardo as GK.

18. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Wow, that is quite an exaggeration. The 2nd goal was his fault. The rest of them? He had zero chance to get them. Real simply had a phenomenal first half - they were in the zone (did you see Raul's first goal?!). On the other hand, Casillas, one of the top 3 GKs in the planet looked pretty bad on Betis goal and then looked really bad when he basically passed the ball to the forward right in front of him (very lucky not to concede).

19. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Very well put Meu Amigo

Ricardo was actually pretty good execpt the Raul lob ( Ricardo was too far off his line) but he had a great showing.

Nelson was attacking which left the right very exposed Forca Ricardo no other keeper would of done better

20. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

and that team happened to be Real Madrid I doubt any other Portuguese keeper would of done better

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Shots literally went right through him. I'll never understand the defense of Ricardo he is a poor goalie who only does well in PK's. Every goal there is excuses.

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Mendes doesn't understand the Portugal snub.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-n...-why-i-m-snubbed-for-portugal-78057-21143406/

You and me both Pedro. But let's face it we could still get Petit:rolleyes: And Moutinho and Meireles have proven to be effective players for the NT and their clubs :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But Pedro's years are coming up. He's only one of the best players in Scotland and that isn't an aggressive enough league to prove yourself as a DM. Lord knows winning the Champions League didn't do you any favors Pedro. (I ran out of eye rolls)

23. PPereiraSANSA

PPereiraSANSA New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Providence
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Kevin Gameiro???? Could he solve our ST problems

Well he is Portuguese but born in France and is only 21 and had 7 goals in 18 Ligue 1 games with Lorient?

What do you guys think of him, would you mind seeing him ina Portugal shirt???

Can't complain he is from France his parents are immagrants to France and if Amaury Bischoff (who is not Portuguese ateast not to me) why can't this kid?

Oh and Marco Ramos he can play LB I believe he is at RC Lenes and Damien Tixier what ever happened to him

well here is Gameiro (apparently he is a real gem)
    [​IMG]

24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    God just about any keeper would of done better. At most that should of been 3-0.

25. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Let's see he's represented France from U17 to U20... Yeah let's "get him" in a Portugal jersey. I'm sure he's just dying to switch. Are you kidding me?

Then you say Bischoff is not Portuguese? He made a choice while still in his teens to play for Portugal.

Why is it ok for Gameiro to switch in his 20's but Amaury doesn't count because he chose Portugal while a teen?

Confusing to say the least. At least it isn't a post about Ricardo, Petit or a Brazilian.

Marc Ramos is a Ligue 2 player....pass.