Portugal Needs a Prolific Striker

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by CRISTIANO_RONALDO_7, Mar 29, 2005.

1. CRISTIANO_RONALDO_7

CRISTIANO_RONALDO_7 New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    TORONTO
    I hope no one takes ofense to what I am about to write , But, Portugal needs a Striker!!!! I"m just not comfortable with any of Portugals Strikers right now :( Is there any one that you guy's see coming up that will be a great goal scorer like Ronaldo or Henry or Rooney! :confused:

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Hugo Almeida

3. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    hugo almeida, ricardo Vaz Te( already started againt man united and arsenal and made ther edefenders look foolisn on a couple occasions) and slyvester Varela( apprently hes like drogba)

are all strikers we can look froward to..one of those 3 will be atleast good..i personally feel by this time next year Vaz Te will be ripping the EPl up

4. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    lol. Another Ronaldo!...Welcome to Bigsoccer!
    Portugal does need a striker, but not until Euro 2008. Pauleta, Gomes and Postiga are who we are going with and I think they will do well.
    Some of the guys here will throw names at you like Vaz Te and Almeida, who show some promise, but are not quite the calibre of Henry, Ronaldo, Sheva etc.

5. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    What is this new news or sumthin.
    Of course, Portugal needs a prolific scorer.
    f~ck, even tribespeople in the stix of papau new guinea are prolly aware of it.

6. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    I don't care what any one says...our strikers are good players but they ARE NOT world class (sheva, adriano, henry).

Certain players strike fear into opposing defenders and keepers, we don't have that. Players like Henry, Shevchenko, Adriano, Ronaldo, Ruud Van Nilstelrooij, are players that as soon as they step on the field, they make people nervous, that's half the battle. Pauleta, Nuno Gomes, Postiga...don't have that reputation...as for Almeida, Vaz Te, they haven't really proved anything.

7. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004

*tribespeople ggather around a fire for a magical ceremony with dancing and exotic singing *

" el diup yufo..what does the magical mirror in the water tell you??"

" i cannot yet tell seagullchuck, u msut be patient with the coming wisdom.."

" hurry for the fire is about to die out and we only have 3 more tazmanian devils to trade for a lighter.."

" ahhh the wisdom, it fullfills me, seagulchuck gather close for it is speaking.."

*scholari whispers from the bushes.."

" PORTUGAL NEEDS A STRIKER FOR THE WORLDCUP DIAS PORCO"

8. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    What is this obsession with Portugal's strikers!?
    We have a great defense and a great midfield, we have four of the world's top players in Deco, Carvalho, Andrade and Ronaldo. When was the last time Portugal had a "world class" striker anyways?.....

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    is it just me or has cr have a cult following or maybe an idol following thats 4 in counting with cristiano ronaldo id name. the guy is a phenomon like what 24 websites behind his name. amazing!

10. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Eusebio...

11. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I still remember in the 90s were we only had Domingos and Cadete... or when we had Sa Pinto and João Pinto in the attack and no strikers at all... this happened until Nuno Gomes and Pauleta emerged.
    Now we still have Pauleta and Nuno Gomes, and also have Postiga and Hugo Almeida, i am sure we could have better but we have decent strikers and most important great midfielders like we always had.

12. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Portugal needs a striker!? :eek:

Damn it, I thought Sheva was Portuguese. ;)

13. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    As long as we have world class midfiled, we can work with mediocre strikers. Remember in the late 90's were Joao Pinto was our "striker" LOL. more like a forward and it would take us something like 20 shots to get a dam goal. At least were are past that stage and actually score goals :D

14. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    So true. But now, it takes only 10 shots to get a goal. :cool:

15. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    But he actually scored more than 20 goals in 80 games !! thats not bad at all. :cool:

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    In how many shots? ;)

17. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Portugal needs another "Joao Pinto". A player who supports the striker, and when needed can score as well. Love him or hate him, you have to admit Joao Pinto in his prime was a great player (the best player in the SuperLiga for almost 10 years in my opinion).

18. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    I think Postiga or Nuno Gomes can fulfill this role, filling the hole, supporting the striker thing. They both have touch, while Pauleta, though one-dimensional, is clinical at times in front of goal.

19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Only in WC/Euro qualifiers ;)

20. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    joao pinto was a great player with an attitute hmmm! reminds me of another player simao simbrosa. does anybody know if bruno gama is a striker?
    i still think if he is developed right and given the proper training
    ricardo vaz te will be our prolific striker in two years time.

21. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    No we don't.
    I'm still trying to forget this. :D

[​IMG]

22. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    that was a funny moment in soccer. it goes to show we got some crzy players.but his was justified let see if hugo almeida loses his temper the guy is a giant. :eek:

23. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    Man, did we ever stink up the place in that tournament.

In any regard, things are goin better for us, lets hope things continue

24. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I don't think this takes away from how good Joao Pinto was. It was a stupid move, he lost his head, but again, in his prime he was a great player.

25. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This must be the dumbest thread ever....

Every team could use a prolific "scorer" which I am sure is what you meant....

What exactly do you want this striker to be "prolific" at?