Porto de Galinhas

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by ChelseaMatt, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now there's only 1 spot left on the bus. If traveling alone, please contact me & the bus is full! Otherwise, still contact me & I'll see what I can do to set you up with bus transportation to the stadium & back

2. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 1 spot on the bus left. Please let me know if you're travelling alone & interested & you're on the bus!! Otherwise I'll put you on the waiting list or try to help you make other arrangements

3. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 1 spot on the bus left. Please let me know if you're travelling alone & interested & you're on the bus!! Otherwise I'll put you on the waiting list or try to help you make other arrangements

4. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now the bus is completely sold out. I have encouraged the people who missed out to organize their own bus trip & have given them the information on the bus company. I will additionally post on this thread should any seats on my bus open up -- i.e., if people decide fhey no longer want on my bus. If interested in pooling your resources toward a charter bus trip to the game, message me & I'll put you in touch with the other group

mpetrik repped this.
  5. dougjojo

dougjojo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Aurora, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe this should be its own thread. Because game 1 is in Natal, we booked a round trip from Chicago to Natal. Our homebound flight is on 6/27 at 3:50. We should be able to get there but I'm concerned. There is a bus that goes from Recife to Natal with time to spare. Is that pretty reliable. But, if there is anyone else that is in the same dilemma, it would be economical to rent vehicle and make the drive. I'll even commit to limiting my post game victory (fingers crossed) celebration to be in good shape to drive.

6. mpetrik

mpetrik Member

May 17, 2004
    East Bay
    I am coming from Chicken Port and have a full car...do we know if we can drive to the parking lot for the Recife stadium and tailgate ala US stadiums, or if we need to park somewhere else that day and bus/train/walk from there like I am hearing about the Natal stadium?

7. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Most likely the latter

8. j27ayy

j27ayy New Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Will there be any on site parking if we rent a car? Otherwise me and 4 others are also looking for transportation...

9. pooja_aries

pooja_aries New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    I am looking for transportation as well. I know i am late but i just got tickets. So going for the game on June 26th and June 29th from Recife. I am looking to book accommodations in Porto de Galinhas. We are 2 of us. If there are others also looking for transportation can you put me in touch with them.

Thanks - Definitely should create a group so we can all meet up there.

10. RICARDO FROTA

RICARDO FROTA New Member

May 2, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Hi, my name is Ricky, I lived in dallas for 15 years and got back to Recife-Brazil 2 years ago. I´m looking for a group of 4 or more to help with transportation, drive from the Airport to Hotel, guide the group to beachs, to landmarks, to the game... Everything will be safe with me. I will provide one cell phone to be able to comunicate and if something happen this will help. My concern is the safety of the people that will be coming over here, I´m Brazilian, but I´m realistic, Recife it´s dangerous. So, if you are interested in this, please reply this post or send a whatsapp at 5581-8898-8152

11. AyanO

AyanO Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Apr 22, 2005
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if regular bus service has been established between Porto de Galinhas and Recife? Also within Recife anyone know how easy public transport to that stadium is. Its impossible to compare Germany 2006 to Brazil 2014, but it was great in Germany 2006 that the day of the game, you could take basically any transportation (even ones not on the "list") for free by flashing your game ticket.. I know that will NOT be the case in brazil, but just wondering if folks not on ChelseaMatt's bus, have looked into transport.

I'm doing a late booking of a trip (amazing Frequent Flyer availability this late!!) and wondering if staying closer in Porto de Galinhas is better than Joao Pessoa (which has regular bus service but takes 2hrs)..

12. SANTIV

SANTIV New Member

May 7, 2014
    I am interested in carpooling from PG to Recife on gameday. I will come from Manaos on Monday morning around noon if anyone wants to head down to PG from Recife as well. BTW any body has an extra tix for GER game?

13. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone on the TAM/American flight (2211) from Miami to Recife that lands at 8:20 am on Thursday, June 19? My wife and I are looking to split a cab to Porto de Galinhas that morning.

14. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Hey guys.. I will be in recife for the Italy and Mexico matches.. Staying in Porto de Chickens also!
    I have 2 Cat 1 Germany vs USA tickets.

Looking for France and Ecuador tickets to trade..

Or make me an offer for the tix..

I will be stying at Marupiara Hotel Porto de Galinhas from the 19th- 23

Good luck and safe travels..

15. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went ahead and booked a ride from the Recife airport to my hotel in PdG. I didn't book the return yet. I'm going to check out my return options once I get there. I used http://www.transladorecife.com.br/
    It's $R120 for 2 adults. There will be a driver at the arrivals gate holding a sign with my name. I will give him a corresponding voucher (print-at-home PDF) and payment. He'll take us straight to our hotel on the new toll road-- toll included in price.

16. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    That honestly isn't a bad price. I've been much shorter for way more expensive.

17. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has anyone booked any activities or dinner reservations in PDG yet? Might be the one locale I've been slacking on.

18. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I have been able to gather regarding public transportation to matches from Porto de Galinhas. It has been exhausting and I have pulled info from multiple sources (which I will try to include) and have had to wade through the slop that is Google Translation.

From this page http://gwmroot.gt.com.br/portodegalinhas/contentLer.asp?contentId=2357 I have been able to gather that there is an executive, semi-express bus with A/C, recline seats, etc. It is operated by Cruzeiro. It is bus line 195. It leaves from the gas station (which doubles as the terminal) in the heart of PdG. It leaves PdG at 5:20 - 6:20 -7:20 - 8:10 - 9:10 - 10:10 -11:10 - 12:10 - 13:10 - 14:10 -15:10 - 16:10 -17:10 - 18:10 - 19:10 each day. I could not find any info about whether there will be increased service on match days. The cost is R$10.40 (I thought I read somewhere else that the cost was R$10.90) The same website indicates that there are other buses of varying comfort levels that are less expensive and have other schedules and stops.

Once in Recife, the bus (195) makes stops at (from south to north) Dantas Barreto, Boa Viagem, Aeroporto, Cabo, Ipojuca, and Nossa Senhora do Ó. Now, these stops seem to be names of streets or neighborhoods-- they do not correspond with the names of the metro stations, with the exception of the airport (Aeroporto). This is important because there are specific metro stations which will be selling the metro/shuttle wristband combo. You will need to board from one of the following metro stations: Aeroporto (Airport), Tancredo Neves, Antônio Falcão, Joana Bezerra, or Recife. These stations will have FIFA volunteers on staff to guide/assist you and sell you the wristband/metro/shuttle combo. Until I am more familiar with my surroundings, I will plan on getting off the bus at the airport and making my way to the airport metro station. The cost for the metro to the cosme e damião station (nearest to stadium and also the station from which the shuttle runs) plus the shuttle from there to the stadium is R$ 8.05 if you board at the airport and R$ 7.50 from the other stations listed. This webiste http://www.copa2014.gov.br/en/sedes/recife/mobilidade says it is a round trip ticket.

I hope all my research helps someone. It looks like the total transportation cost on match day will be R$10.40 (bus to Recife) + R$8.05 (metro/shuttle, round trip) + R$10.40 (bus to PdG) for a max total of R$28.85 which is about $USD13.

It's almost 2am in Salt Lake and if any of this doesn't make sense, please let me know.

19. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks! May take the bus to Boa Viagem on game-day. Much appreciated.

20. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Round trip chartered bus seats are available from Porto de Galinhas to the Germany game & back. Contact me if interested

21. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks again Matt for getting the charter to USA/GER arranged. I am excited to be taking advantage of that. I wish such an option were available for all the matches in Recife. I have to make my way to the stadium for CRC/ITA and MEX/CRO.

22. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    I also need a ride for both of those matches

23. SterlingUSMNT

SterlingUSMNT New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I booked with them also, they are charging me R$130 for four people. I get to PDG a couple days after you, so let me know if you had any issues with them.

Also, for those looking for transportation from PDG to REC for games, when I reached out to translando in January, they said they could do R/T on match day for R$1000 for four people... Sounds a bit pricey if you ask me, but maybe not for some of you guys.

24. laejandro

laejandro New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Me & 4 other dudes looking to share a bus/taxi from PDG to the Italy v Costa Rica & Mexico v Croatia.

25. aaircat

aaircat New Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hi. Any room for 2 on shuttle to games on 23rd and 26th?