Portland Timbers Off-Season News

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by ohhh_yeah, Dec 19, 2006.

1. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland
  2. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland
    [​IMG]
    Lawrence Olum Midfield 6'2" 175 lbs
    Last Season's Stats: 16 GP 9 goals, 2 assists
    St. Louis Lions

[​IMG]
    Kevin Meissner Midfield 5'9" 170 lbs.
    23 years old. Two year captain at USD. 2005 All WCC. 2004 All WCC Honorable Mention.
    University of San Diego.

http://72.19.192.132/timbers/pressRoom.shtml
    TIMBERS SIGN TWO COLLEGE STANDOUTS
    February 16, 2007

3. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Someone with the initials H.A-C. has been seen several times in the Sounders office over the last few weeks.

It just might happen...

4. SoccerNation

SoccerNation New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Heard through the grapevine that LA Galaxy released Mike Randolph... Would be nice to have him back, wouldn't it?

5. Allison A

Allison A New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Portland, OR
    We've known since the end of last season that it was very unlikely he'd return. With Luke Kreamalmeyer re-signing, it seemed even less likely, at least to me, since Luke took over that outside right position last year, and Hugo did not have as good a year when he was moved to the inside. I'd love to have him back, playing on the outside right position where he is most comfortable, but I don't think it's going to happen.

And since his girlfriend is from Seattle, this wouldn't the biggest shocker in the world, especially with the Timbers loading up on midfielders already. We have seven midfielders sgined already (eight if you count the expected signing of Andrew Gregor) so it's almost a foregone conclusion that he won't be back.

At least he seems faithful to the Northwest, as rumor is the Rhinos have given him a good offer after each of the last two seasons, but he has turned them down.

6. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland