Poor Carlo's Headaches and Other Transfer Muppetry - Transfer Thread #13

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Tomorrow's Keylor presentation and presser could be the most interesting one of this summer. I suspect we'll see people yelling "Iker, Iker" which is to be expected, but the Q&A with the press could get really interesting. The questions could be more about sending messages than asking questions: "Keylor, did you ever imagine that you'd be working alongside and learning from someone like Casillas?" -- "Keylor, do you feel like you're pushing Diego Lopez out of Real Madrid?"

It'll be interesting to watch how all this is managed.

2. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    i remember watching some interviews with players when interviewed...and they would respond with the same comment, "I'm here to make the team better and help my team"

which essentially could be used in every question the media fncks around with

ahnaf, Deep Pal and perucho311 repped this.
  3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Oh, I don't expect Keylor to say anything too noteworthy. For me it's more about the question and who the reporter is representing. This is clearly a very public divorce and these vultures will feed off of it (look at tomorrow's Marca cover).

raven3k, MerlinRM, sleepyvato50 and 3 others repped this.
  4. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    sorry if i implied that but i meant it would be nice to for him to fnck with the media if that were to happen.

Alma Merengue and Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal, babai_here and S1na repped this.
  6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LOL AS is so sh*t. This happened on Friday or Saturday and they tweeted about it today like it was breaking news.

7. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He also voted for Falcao for Ballon D'or.

The Plot Thickens.

Zidane05 and temesgen repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Xabi Alonso pierde peso y el Real Madrid está dispuesto a escuchar ofertas

- The technical staff will examine very closely & daily Xabi's physical development & the UEFA Super Cup will be a good test.

- The coaching staff is surprised & concerned about Alonso's fitness and it turned out that the player lost weight.
    Real Madrid doesn't rule out the sale of Xabi Alonso and are willing to listen offers for the Basque.
    [El Confidencial]

S1na repped this.
  9. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Wait, woah. No, man. No thanks. Xabi the man, fat or not. Or in this case, skinny or not.

Skroo them! We should be listening to offers for them "technical staff" not him! :mad: pffff..

10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This one came out of left field. He just extended in January?!

I don't think we're ready to hand the responsibility over to Illara yet. Xabi is so important to our team.

11. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes it does. It's paper

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Honestly, its time to hand over "the responsibility" to Illarra or other player.

S1na repped this.
  13. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, technically most of it is in fact cotton and linen, so no.

MadridFan22304 and natenate101 repped this.
  14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Illara can step in for Xabi at any moment. Its playing alongside him as some kind of deel lying right midfielder that makes him look bad.

meringues and perucho311 repped this.
  15. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Xabi is still an important member of the squad for me. It would be dumb to sell him and then let Sami leave on a free next summer. Xabi stays!!!

CR7PT, raven3k, Minduchio and 1 other person repped this.
  16. perucho311

perucho311 Member

May 27, 2008
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Or Kroos

17. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No Kroos plays the best as an inner midfielder or #10.
    Illarra must be Xabi's replacement.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont think Kroos has the defensive skills to play that role. His passing is better than Illara's, but the boy has better anticipation, positioning, tackling etc.

19. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nah, losing Xabi is like losing Arbeloa, those bosses stay

Lyra repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #120 Lyra, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    El argentino se resintió al final del campeonato de Brasil 2014 de su lesión en el recto anterior del muslo derecho, una dolencia que le afectó desde el partido contra Bélgica en cuartos de final, y su esfuerzo por ayudar a la albiceleste lo pagó caro. Finalista, subcampeón, el jugador terminó lesionado el Mundial. Ahora vuelve sin haberse recuperado todavía de su problema muscular.

Ángel retorna a las órdenes de Ancelotti porque su deseo de ir al PSG se ha visto frenado, de momento, por la necesidad del club parisino de vender otro futbolista para ficharle a él.

Diego in talks with Milan....

MadridFan22304 and CR7PT repped this.
  21. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's August and our goalkeeper situation is a mess, we don't know what's going to happen with Di Maria and Khedira, we bought AM for 80 mio€ despite not knowing what to do with Isco...

So much about quiet summer.

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan? Yuck.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Deigo's agent, as he does best, has denied interest from Milan. Said they've received offers from other teams, but Milan isn't one of them.

24. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Time for the goalkeeper situation to be sorted pronto, with navas here one of the two need to leave, it's becoming the main story and it's something the club could do without by sorting it out quickly. Di maria and khedira.. There will be a club or two that will panic and blink first and offer a good deal to the club for them.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And maybe that's because Sky is reporting that Real Madrid and Milan have reached an agreement on the loan of Diego Lopez.

AC Milan News @Milanello · 11m
    Sky reports that Milan have reached an agreement with Real Madrid regarding the loan of Diego Lopez.

S1na, CR7PT, Lyra and 1 other person repped this.