Pompey vs Arsenal, Sept. 13 [R]

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by worldsoccer-Jeff, Sep 10, 2003.

1. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
    Game thead for the trip up to London. A win would make a major statement for Pompey. I would be very happy with a draw however.

2. MetroAndAGuinessPlz

MetroAndAGuinessPlz New Member

Apr 1, 2003
    NY
    I expect a loss. A draw would be fantastic, a win - ecstacy. I don't think it's going to be a blowout mind you. Pompey are a good team. We belong in the top flight. Realistically speaking though it would take a major miracle to bring home 3 points from Highbury. 1 point - maybe. By the way Henry will play despite his injury earlier in the week.

3. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
  4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Smertin

Good result - always happy to see the Gooners drop points.
    But looking after our, um, investment, I was just wondering what you thought of Smertin's performance?

5. FutbolCrazy

FutbolCrazy BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 5, 2002
    Colorado
    Robbed, that's what you were.

Fully deserved to get the 3 points.

Remember there always an Arse in Arsenal.

6. MetroAndAGuinessPlz

MetroAndAGuinessPlz New Member

Apr 1, 2003
    NY
    Well, what can I say. I predicted a loss. And was I ever wrong. We should have WON that game. Obviously football is imperfect and the better team doesn't always come out on top (USA - Germany comes to mind). With the way Yakubu performed we were unlucky not to win 3-1. I've said it before and i'll say it again - imagine if Todorov were playing? Tied with Southampton for 4th - I don't know about guys but i'll take it! Bring on Rovers!

7. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    So how has Zivkovic done so far? What position is he playing?

8. blueangel1

blueangel1 New Member

May 23, 2003
    Portsmouth, UK
    Zivkovic has settled in very quickly with the team and has adapted to English football easily. He is playing right back. He set Teddy up for the header against Bolton, which shows just how versatile he can be!!

9. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Right back in a back four? I know Redknap played a back 3 at West Ham, haven't seen your team yet.
    Zivkovic can play all defensive positions, but I think he's best in the centre of defense. Who do you have playing there?

10. blueangel1

blueangel1 New Member

May 23, 2003
    Portsmouth, UK
    We played a back 3 under Harry in division one, but we have been playing 4-4-2 this season. The back 4 being Schemmel, De Zeeuw, Stefanovic and Zivkovic.