Politics and Stuff

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Crawleybus, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Have you guys seen this:-

The legend that is Jeremy Clarckson! :-D

How sh*t is Top Gear without him!

Dtrip77 and StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The 'legend', eh?

OooKkaay!!! :eek:

:giggle:

I didn't really watch top gear with him or without him, tbh.

Still, if he's a CFC supporter I suppose that might marginally reduce my disdain for the guy. Y'know, a bit :)

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  3. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    Total arse.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ??? Me or him? :eek:

StamfordBridgeLions and Boris10 repped this.
  5. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    Not you ;)

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Total arse. :)

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well said that man :)

:cautious:

Hang on, me or him?

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why’s it got to be either or :whistling:

9. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I like him, not afraid to tell it as it is, in a world of woke madness I like his lack of wokeism, there is a reason why the fans were singing his name, he is the reason why Top Gear went from a bog standard car show to one of the world's most popular TV shows and then back to a bog standard car show after he left.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Does he? He's a mate of David Cameron and the rest of the Chipping Norton set, (very much on the frontline of suffering, natch!), whose father was a prime mover in setting up tax evasion in the UK and yet, oddly... people like Clarkson never seem to find the time to mention that. This, despite the fact that he's more than willing to state a position on every other subject he's knows feck-all about.

He's like this new GB News internet channel established to stand up for the down trodden masses, (middle-aged, middle-class white men who apparently have a terrible time in Britain and the US), which was set-up by an American billionaire, a Dubai-based hedge fund and a man who spent the last year in the south of France. Clearly a news product to represent the horny-handed sons of English toil.

I'm 'not a fan' shall we say ;)

JimWharton and Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  11. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well exactly! In a word where one is not allowed to have an opinion anymore I find this quite refreshing! I'm not sure what this internet news channel has to do with JC is he something to do with it, I must admit I've never heard of it? Just because youre a mate of Cameron, or just because youre middle class, middle aged or white shouldn't mean that youre not allowed to have opinions and thats whether they're right, wrong or not politically correct. If he has an opinion on something he comes right out with it, thats why in 2021 the BBC wouldn't dare have him back.

By the way, I don't agree with everything he says, but 'f*** the Mancs'? :-D

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, I agree he makes a very strong point with the last bit :D

Re. the GB News thing... it's all part of a group of people who are apparently 'silenced' but who never STFU and keep telling us about it on their repeated appearances on BBC, Sky, LBC. etc. etc. :D

StamfordBridgeLions and Boris10 repped this.
  13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea that’s right wing conservative media playbook 101. We’re being silenced about xyz while talking about xyz on major media outlet.

14. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    You're allowed to have opinions. In fact, you're still by far and away the most represented group, just *slightly* less than the previous all-of-modern-history years.

Without wanting to derail a frankly already-dated thread, can you enlighten us all as to what you mean by woke, why being 'anti-woke' is a good thing, and perhaps take a moment to help us understand who hurt you?

Yahtzee repped this.
  15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I could probably dive into this from the POV of a white progressive (s/o Bernie) who does feel at odds with the current flavor of “diversity and inclusion” sweeping the nation and how it is in my best interests to keep those thoughts to myself (publicly at least). There is an absurd level of reductionism that occurs on both sides of the aisle. Granted, one is favorable to the other but in a way that I and others I’m friends with don’t necessarily know how to process.

That said.. what I’m saying is a far cry from the butt hurt conservatism you see but.. I think there is a legitimate reason why people, despite being a majority, feel weirdly threatened. How am I, a white guy, supposed to feel when my company goes over our demographics during an all hands and talks about how alarming it is that our company is mostly white? Bit of a head ******** no?While I’m still a progressive, I totally understand why Trump got 7 million more votes than last time.

16. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't have to justify what I think to you!! I am not part of any 'group', I'm an individual, I don't need you to label me thanks, I also don't need you to tell me how I should think, you have no business sticking your nose in my business and even if 'others' have decided to label me as part of a non existent 'group' that happens to be 'the most 'represented' then I ask 'so what'? Why is that a problem for you? You don't even know me, you have no business judging me so I suggest you don't.

I hope that's clear.

17. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    You dropped this:

[​IMG]

Cosmin10 repped this.
  18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have at it here. As this is likely to get emotional, if you give it out, be prepared to take it back. Please don't let what is discussed here infest the football threads. First and last warning.

This thread will be very lightly moderated.

19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :eek:

20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I always worried that "Boris" was a reference to "Boris", the Etonian gobshite. I hope that it isn't, because I like the posts of Boris10. I guess we don't have to declare or divulge our politics and backgrounds and such on the internetS. We are just here to talk football innit. OR soccer if you prefer. I generally like the posts of CrawleyBus.

But if we are declaring our gender, ethnicity and politics. etc.

He/Him/His.

I will give you my flag. Which will let you know both my ethnicity and political affiliations.

340px-Romani_anarchist_flag.svg.png

21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You're funny

Boris10 repped this.
  22. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    Boris was just an old nickname from when I was a kid. While it does reference our current PM, I couldn't be less of a fan of the man or his politics.

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That is a big relief