Police Use Stun Gun on 6 Year-Old

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Chicago1871, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Police use stun gun on 6-year-old
    Six year-old.
    Stun gun.
    Uses piece of glass to keep security guard and police at bay.

WTF?

2. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    Not every kid lives in Disney land. What do you think happens to him when he is home.

3. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you talking about Goofy?

4. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    I guess people who live in Chicago are really stupid and never were beaten by a parent as a kid.

So I won't bother to explain it to a fool who just don't get it.

5. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey ****head. Yea you, ****head. My original post was not an inditement of the kid, it was directed at the security guard and the police.

6. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    You don't see the big picture prik. It is not what the cop did to him to stop him. It is what the kid did to himself and why. That is why i said it you have to admit the kid is twisted right? I am pretty he has someone who is living in his house with him that made him like that.

Who cares what the cop did? Maybe he was afraid of getting cut and don't think that could not have happen. You don't think even a six yr old could not cut an adult.

I bet green money this kid is an abused child by a relative some he he was supposed to trust.

Still don't even get it now right

7. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do you seriously expect people to believe that a policeman was genuinely afraid of getting cut by a six-year old with a piece of glass rather than just being a complete idiot?

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When did I insinuate anything to the contrary? Show me.

They tasered a 6 year old with a piece of glass. He wasn't wielding a 12 inch blade or wearing a bomb. That's the best method to end that situation?

As opposed to 'blue money?'

What? That the kid was abused? That wasn't my point in posting the story. I never said he wasn't abused, nor did I say you were ever wrong in pointing it out.

9. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    Don't know for sure if he was scared or not, but what I do know was I was very capable of hurting an adult if i went crazy even as a little kid.

I am just saying the real story isn't what the cop did. You would be missing my point the real problem is what made this little kid do something like he did. He was born like that? No way people in charge of him who he should have been able to trust probably hurt him physically and in his mind.

10. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We know what you're saying, and we don't disagree with you pointing this out. The story is, however, about the actual incident, not the boys family history. You jumped on that topic, but in no place in the CNN story does it mention anything beyond the facts of the "disarming." The story is about the 'what, where, when, and how.' Not the 'why.'

11. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    That's the problem it would be nice after stating the story one of these reporters would investigate what drove the kid to do it? To me that is the important part of this so I did not see the actually story as that important.

I had no one to pull me out of my house, so later I did stuff this kid would never even dream of doing now, but in time I am sure he will unless someone helps him in some way.

12. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Replace the words "at bay" with the words "from helping him."

The poor kid had already cut himself up in several locations. The officers are not there to only protect themselves, but to protect others, including people that are intent on doing bodily harm. It might sound vicious to taser a 6 yo, however, in the officer's eyes, it probably sounded more vicious to allow a 6 yo to rip himself apart with broken glass.

13. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do people here really expect me to believe that two police officers couldn't disarm a six year old kid of a piece of glass in about five seconds flat without having to use a stun gun? This is just argument for argument's sake.

14. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long does it take you to slice open an eye, jab a shard of glass into your neck, or slit your wrists open? Probably a lot quicker than five seconds.

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Talking about WTF?...

WTF is this bloody Mason woman doing being in charge of small children if she can't even disarm a 6 year old with a bit of glass and stop him hurting himself or someone else.

Just take it off him, you silly cow!

Apparently he 'held back a security guard'. Er, how... exactly? What sort of bloody security guard is that then? It's probably my age but are people today utterly pathetic or is it just my imagination?

My late mother-in-law was a schoolteacher for nearly 40 years, teaching mainly 4-7 year-olds. I once discussed this sort of thing with her asking if any of the kids became violent and what a teacher, (well, any adult essentially), should do. She said that, if you're 3 times as tall and 3 times as heavy as someone and you can't over-power them, maybe your in the wrong line of work.

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well then it's a lot quicker than before the police arrive, isn't it...

17. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprised they didn't shoot him when he "drew" the glassware! For once I'll side with Chicago here... sounds like overkill to me! Although... several six-year olds have felony records already don't they? Grand theft milk, rape of bottles, reckless destruction of diapers....

18. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reliving your childhood? ;)