Polemizan goledores chilenos sobre futbol mexicano

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Mauricio Pinilla del Chievo de Italia opina que hacer "10 goles en Italia es como 100 en México", luego que fue comparado con Quinteros del Puebla, quien lleva siete tantos

Notimex
    El Universal online
    Santiago de Chile
    Miércoles 17 de septiembre de 2003

11:45 Los atacantes chilenos Luis Ignacio Quinteros y Mauricio Pinilla polemizaron sobre la calidad de la liga mexicana y el valor que tiene ser goleador en ese país comparado con anotar en los torneos europeos.

Pinilla, reciente contratación del club italiano Chievo Verona, dijo que hacer "10 goles en Italia son como 100 en México", luego que fue comparado con Quinteros, goleador de Puebla y del torneo mexicano con ocho tantos.

"Estoy acostumbrado a escuchar opiniones así de Mauricio (Pinilla). Bien por él que esté en Italia, aunque ese es un comentario inapropiado y muy feo. Pero él es así, dice las cosas sin pensarlas", apuntó Quinteros al diario La Tercera.

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/pls/impreso/noticia.html?id_nota=171556&tabla=notas

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i know the MFL is not the SERIE A and I know that there is some truth in Pinilla's statement, but not to the extent that for every goal in the series A its worth 10 goals in the MFL.

I think he was wrong for saying that. I think he was being spiteful and most importantly i think he burned some bridges. If he ever wants to go to mexico, i think he has closed the door all on his own. Its kind of sad that that he says that considering all the good chileans that have come to the Mexican League and have left a great image. Reinoso, Pata Bendita, Estay, Pony, Zamorano to name a few.

IMO, if one nationality has given it their all in mexico, it has been the chileans. Not all of them succeed, but the ones that have are fan favorites and are always welcomed with open arms.

3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    is that reynoso that played in cruz azul and now necaxa?

4. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    I would bet my left nut that RDL was talking about America great Carlos Reynoso.

5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    just wondering

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    NOPEE

Im talking about the Meastro Carlos Reinoso. who coaches Leon now

[​IMG]

and its with an I not an Y.. REINOSO

7. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    True True True..........RDL...? Messenger?

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    im on Msgr now..

9. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Me thinks Pinalla is just pissed that he is getting compared to Quintero who plays in the MFL instead of being put on a pedestal for playing in Serie A. This just shows how much more importance the MFL is being given in South America. Pinilla will now be competing against Chilean MFL players for a spot in the National team. Reinaldo Navia, Quinteros and even Sebastian "Chamagol" Gonzalez are all quality strikers that have the potential to bench Pinilla and it seems as if hes trying to guarantee his spot just by playing in Serie A.

10. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Pinilla, no lo quiso el Inter

Pinilla doesn't have one goal to his name in the Serie A, he is owned by Inter Milan. Inter just sold Crespo a month ago, they bought Julio Cruz, still didnt want Pinilla on their team and therefore loaned him out to Chievo. That tells you how much they value him. ;)

11. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Then for every goal scored in Serie A, it must worth 20 in chile.

12. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    no mames Pinisha

It's not true anyways, just go back to the Mexico - Italy WC game.

13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Serie A is a top-notch division, but Pinilla's hyperpole is just ridiculous.

The Gold Shoe European Competition has league multipliers for goal scorers' goals to account for the competitiveness of each domestic league. The Italian league has a multiplier of 2. The lowest mulitplier is a 1. So basically an Italian league goal is worth about twice as much as say an Armenian league goal. So is an Italian league goal worth 10 goals in Mexico ? naw. Pinilla's petulent statements are just silly and needless. But it got him some press. So if that was his intent, it worked.

14. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he is ignorant, he is what 19yo? he is still a kid. he is good player, he will be world class within 5 years, but until then he needs to stfu.

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Pinilla, no lo quiso el Inter

they value Him for his future, it was more of an investment for el Inter.

at his age? you are kidding, at verona he will do 'il calccio 101'

the final judge is Juvenal Olmos! In chile today,he says who goes or does not.

How old is Quinteros?

16. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Re: Pinilla, no lo quiso el Inter

Quinteros is 25 if i remember correctly.

17. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Nobody here in Mexico knew anything about his comments or about Pinilla so I don´t know if he burned any bridges.

18. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    I have seen Pinilla play and I think he is pretty good. In a few years he could be a very important player. To his advantage he is very ambitious and arrogant (like we see from his comments)