Poland vs. San Marino -- EURO2004 Qualifying [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by tredowski, Sep 6, 2002.

1. tredowski

tredowski New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    Poland vs. San Marino -- EURO 2004 Qualifying[R]

Tomorrow Polska goes against San Marino!
    The last time we played them (1993?) we barely won with only 1-0. And everyone before the match was so confident that we would completely destroy them.
    So what do you think the score will be this time?

I of course know we won't lose to them, and we won't draw either, but will the win be big like 5-0 or more, or will it be like it was last time, just 1-0 or something similar??
    Here's my prediction: 4-1 Poland.

2. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    4-0 Poland! Wichinarek 2 goals, Olisadebe and Kosowski with goals!

I'm trying to get on Polish Channel 1 Radio on RealOne but I am unable to. Anyone have luck to get on it? Maybe my computer is messing me up?

3. tredowski

tredowski New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    this time radio jedynka worked for me and I'm going to leave it on until tomorrow.
    go here:
    http://www.radio.com.pl/jedynka/
    and then click on the third option on the menu on the left "teraz na antenie". click on that little horn there and it should work.

4. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    On what do you listen it on? RealOne Player?

5. tredowski

tredowski New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    I'm using AOL Media Player. It just came up automatically.
    I tried checking on RealOne Player just now also and you're right, it doesn't work.
    It says "Server has reached its capacity and can serve no more streams. Please try again later."
    But I got connected on the AOL one for some reason.

6. Kraze

Kraze New Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Orlando
    I finally got on to the stream.

7. tredowski

tredowski New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    shoot! Radio Jedynka has just said that they won't have live commentary this time! :(
    I guess the only thing left for following the match is those little score trackers.

anyways, the match is going to start soon, here is the starting:

POLSKA
    Kowalewski - G³owacki, B¹k, Kos - Kaczorowski, Kukie³ka, Ka³u¿ny, Kosowski - Wichniarek, ¯urawski, Olisadebe

SAN MARINO
    Gasperoni - Marani, Gennari, Bacciocchi, Matteoni - Moretti, Albani, Marani, Ugolini - Vannucci, Selva.

8. tredowski

tredowski New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    End of first half: 0-0

45th min.: tredowski reaches for a knife so that he may end the misery.

End of first half and it is still 0-0!!!! We're talking about SAN MARINO here!
    Poland is playing so bad. So slow. The midfield can't pass the ball well. San Marino is defending itself with the whole team.
    What an embarassment!

9. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To make things worse for the Poles. San Marino has never got a point in qualifying, EVER! And they are ranked last in UEFA and 161st in FIFA.

10. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    gol

Kaczorowski '76

11. mightysack

mightysack New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    CT
    finally

we score!! :)

12. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    Gol

Kukielka '88

13. tredowski

tredowski New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    Poland 2-0 San Marino -- Full Time
    Its not nearly as good as it should have been, but thank God there was no disaster.
    Poland still played horribly and its a really big dissappointment.

Boniek's comments after the match:
    "Nie wiem, czy s³ysznie graliœmy trzema napastnikami. Trochê sobie przeszkadzali. Mieliœmy sytuacje, ale pi³ka jakoœ d³ugo nie chcia³a wpaœæ do bramki."

14. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerNet

15. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    It's 3 points.

But, from reading some reports and seeing highlights on TVN24, i did not like what i saw. The team out played San Marino, but 2 goals in the last 15 minutes is not what I expact. True, its only the 2nd game for this group of players, but when you start Wichniarek - Zurawski - Olisadebe at striker, you would expect more goals.

I dont know how our defense played, or if the goalie was even tested. It doesn't look good though, I'm a little bit worried. Sweden tied which helps us so so so much. They need to play much better if we are to quilify for the Euro Cup.

But like i said, 3 points is 3 points. Good to see them score 2!!!