Poland vs Iceland - 10/07/2005

Discussion in 'Poland' started by ChicagoTom, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Does anyone know a place to follow today's friendly between Poland and Iceland? I believe it starts at 10AM Chicago time.

2. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ
    Yep it starts at 5 PM Polska time so it would be 10 AM Central.

3. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    Updates on 1030 am and 1080 am radio.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Unfortunately, I cannot listen at work. Any score updates?

5. azzuri39

azzuri39 New Member

Sep 9, 2003
    onet.pl has a good web update, the window pops up on your screen when a new comment is posted, I gonna try fifaworldcup.com updates this Saturday, they look good too

6. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    Re: Poland vs Iceland - 10/07/2005 (R)

You can listen via the website (1030 am).

Any way 3-2 Biale Orly.

7. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Getting a lot of 3-2 scorelines lately. All good as long as we get the 3 again on Wednesday. Did we at least play well? I saw a lot of posts on 90minut.pl complaining about almost everyone except for Smolarek.

8. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    From Reuters.uk, UK

Poles struggle to beat Iceland 3-2 in friendly

Friday, 7 October 2005 2:58 PM

Poland came from behind to beat Iceland 3-2 in their last warm-up before Wednesday's potential World Cup Group Six decider against England at Old Trafford.

Bayer Leverkusen winger Jacek Krzynowek's first-half strike kept the Poles in the game after Iceland grabbed two well-worked goals, exposing defensive frailties to lead 2-1 at the break.

But coach Pawel Janas made three changes at half-time and Wisla Krakow full-back Marcin Baszczynski and Borussia Dortmund's Ebi Smolarek took just 19 minutes to give the Poles a lead they never looked like relinquishing.

Janas will be concerned, however, at his first-choice squad's lacklustre first-half performance, which made little use of their overwhelming possession and exposed familiar problems in defence.

Hit by injuries to playmaker Miroslaw Szymkowiak and striker Tomasz Frankowski -- the team's leading scorer in qualifying -- Poland also struggled to finish a series of second-half chances.

Janas said: "We couldn't put it together until after half time, but in the end I am contented since we won with a team who play football in the British style -- hard and aggressive."

Celtic striker Maciej Zurawski aggravated a recent thigh injury, but should be fit for Old Trafford.

"We had to pull him off the park, because he didn't want to come, so signs are he'll be okay by Wednesday," Janas said.

Poland lead Group Six with 24 points and will take first place automatically if England fail to win their game in hand against Austria on Saturday.

If England beat Austria, the Poles will need a draw but may also go to Old Trafford for the group decider with a place at the finals guaranteed as one of the best-placed runners-up.

9. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Thanks. Feeling pretty good about our chances to get a good result v. England, but it would be nice if Sweden, Holland, or Austria stepped up tomorrow and at least helped us guarantee one of the two best 2nd place spots.