Plymouth Argyle - Forever Green

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by JacksonJazz#9, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    JJ. nope not going to any of the U20 games, all of the games are on live tv here. The games here in Ottawa were sold out yesterday, and next fridays doublheader featuring Brazil - USA is also soldout. There is also another doubleheader on tuesday and that has sold over 20,000 tickets.
    The games in Ottawa are being played on artificial turf. Did you know 9 referees were sent home because they could'nt meet the FIFA's fitness requirements.

Some of the Toronto FC's are on tv, i watched a couple and they were'nt bad.

2. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    Dead thread......

I think we have a friendly next week against Weston-Super-Mare..Will be a bit of a run out for the youngsters and trialist probably..will try and get to it if I can because I'm staying not far away..

3. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where are you staying at???? what is weston-super-mare?

4. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weston-super-Mare

I spent many a summer there back in the 50/60's when the tide is out the beach is over a mile long but when the tide comes in it comes in fast. Probably about 2 hours from Plymouth near Bristol.

5. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    First exhibition game last night, Argyle 1 Weston Super-Mare 0, Hodges scored,
    2 trialists played last night, Argyle played 2 different teams each half, every player played except Bo, Chadders and Wottsie, who are still recovering from injuries.

6. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    Weston-super-mare is often called weston-super-mud due to the brown sand and even browner sea.....

Seems like we are starting like we finished last season in that we missed a lot of good chances to score..The goal was ment to have been a cracker.inch perfect dtrike from 28 yards out..

Reuban Reid was supposed to have had a good game.i wonder if he will feature this season..

7. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    didnt reid get released or loaned out to some lower level team, and he was acting "mr big shot" down there?

Becks arrived in LA today....

8. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth

Still part of the squad..If he can sort himself out then he could be a good player but it is down to him...

9. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Yeovil 1 Argyle 2 Akos and SEB scored, much better performance than the 1-0 defeat against Torquay last saturday by all acounts.
    Argyle news
    Chadwick played his first game back since his injury 7 months ago and he hit the post.
    Pelzer the german trialist has been released, supposedly he was no better than what we have and probably would have cost alot more.
    2 more pre-season games wednesday and saturday before Argyle go to Austria for a week, and will play 2 friendlies over there 1.Hapoel Tel Aviv F.C. and 2nd game against Gençlerbirliği S.K. a Turkish team

10. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    By alla accounts we really played well which is good news

11. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Another pre-season last night, against Liskeard, won 5-0, good to see goals from forwards for a change, Chadwick 2, Fallon, Samba and Kendall.
    Liskeard are not as good opposition as Yeovil, Torquay and Weston Super Mare. Argyle players playing last night were mostly players who only played a small part the night before against Yeovil.

12. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Samba is back with the side? or is he still trying to make the team??

SEB play? and word on Scott Sinclair??? what are his chances of coming back? some wanker a few posts back said sinclair was going to their team... we need a little Ollie/Jose back room magic i think.

Ottawa.... whats your connection to Argyle??? did u live over there? did you teach Phil how to drink a pint and automatically fell in love with the club...

whats the story?

havent heard from Phil in a while... i think hes been too busy getting busy...:D

EDIT: i take that back, he posted #960... but that dont mean hes not busy getting busy... he's probably forgot the first step though.

13. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth

Still keeping busy:D

14. KHowe

KHowe Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Western MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hey all, just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I'm from Western Mass in the States. I'm an avid Spurs fan, but wanted to find a club in the Cornwall area due to family heritage being Cornish. I found Argyle and wanted to learn all I could about them, as I have never seen any matches televised in the US (though I do subscribe to FSC, which I believe someone mentioned a PAFC match being broadcast through the station last season?).

Anyway, hope all is well with you lot and look forward talking with you lot as the season begins.

15. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KH.... welcome aboard... weve got a few knowledgeable folks that can tell u just about anything u want to know about argyle... PhilStagg and Janner are both right there in Plymouth, and Ottawa Green knows a lot too... as for me, i just started the thread, but i bleed green during the season.... if you have questions, fire away, im sure the 3 of them could answer anything you have... if you need/want pics of home park or argyle, PhilStagg could probably post some on the thread as well...

again, welcome aboard, and post early and post often!!!

16. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    JJ, i was born at Flete House which is about 5 miles from Plymouth, lived in Plymouth till my mother decided to emigrate to Canada, i was 16 at the time, I have basically suported the Argyle since the early 60's, the first game i really remember was on Jan 27 1962 when Argyle were drawn against Tottenham Hotspur in the 4 th round of the FA Cup 40040 jammed into Home Park, about double the capacity of Home Park today.
    Here is a link to that game http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/spurs61FAC4H.asp

after that i was hooked.

17. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Wheres the flood?"

hey, i saw on the web site they are taking down the flood lights?

HP going with only day games from now on?

18. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dead Thread Alert...

help a fella out!!!

19. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    Haven't read the papers so a bit out of touch..

20. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Argyle are now in Austria, temps of 37c (100f), they played a team from Turkey tonight and drew 1-1, Reuben Reid scored for Argyle. Argyle were down 1-0 after 2 mins.
    Match report should be here soon http://www.pafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~1078127,00.html

This team from Turkey played Arsenal a few days ago and lost 3-0, but from reports should have been winning at least 2-0 by HT. They have played

21. Alexio92

Alexio92 Member

May 16, 2007
    Nice, always nice to have a decent pre-season.

Anyway, why isnt this thread in the league championship forum? :confused:

22. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Alexio92... thanks for the heads up.. didnt realize there was a championship forum...

new thread started over there "Plymouth Argyle - Home Park Heros"

23. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    This will always be the original and the best PAFC thread..

24. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Another exhibition game last night and a 1-1 draw against Israeli team Hapoel Tel Aviv Akos scoring for Argyle.
    Argyle return to England today with 3 more exhibition games next week.
    Paul McVeigh a N. Ireland international is suppose to be coming for a trial starting tuesday.
    2 weeks before the new season starts.

25. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ottawa... be sure to give us the update at the new thread in the Championship heading....

Plymouth Argyle - Home Park Heros