Please Welcome The New California Governor [R]

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Topper, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    so that's why there's no gay folks in the milk, at least that you can discern

thanks for explaining that to me

2. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    It'd be a lot nicer if that were the fact... but it isn't, the opinion is "Arnie got voted as Californian governor? Those stupid Americans!"

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Sorry to ruin your little parade, but he'd be British. He isn't the "Prince of Europe" is he? Didn't think so, so please try harder.

The thing is, America is viewed as the most fical, shallow country in the world by the vast majority of other countries... this Arnie governor thing doesn't add some fuel to the fire..... it's like adding an oil fields worth to a small bonfire

4. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    BenReilly concludes he's more knowledgeable on this topic than a study by National Geographic, whose logic he says "is idiotic even by BigSoccer standards."

To back up his point, he cites that fountain of facts and wisdom......BenReilly.

What a waste of time.

5. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you mean "fickle," "fecal" or both? :D

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, and they say we're ignorant.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh...now I get it.

'Chicks dig me.'

:D

8. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    I think I've shown remarkable restraint - he's been doing this all day and I haven't made a single whisky crack.

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You had me until the last three words. I am what you'd call an extreme fiscal conservative when it comes to making political donations to anybody. But I'll check him out.

10. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    We can handle it. I'm sure that by 'vast majority' you mean the 2 or 3 countries that you can name.

Now go hang upside down and kiss a rock or something sophisticated like that

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Go ahead, shoot out all the whiskey jokes, leperachaun jokes and so on that you want... it's not like I haven't heard it all before. It'll all be recycled garbage and you know it.

The fact is that Californians are Americans, and people will just call it "stupid Americans"... granted, a fair amount will use "stupid Californians", but not the majority.

Also, if you go to the start of that Smiley post to which I responded, you will see him do the exact same thing that you are talking about right now, only Europe isn't a country, so it's an even more severe case of what you accuse me of

12. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    We may be ignorant in America, but we know not to finish our sentences with prepositions.

13. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Okay, my apologies, you are the best friend, the bigger brother of the rest of the world, the leader of the free world... and we all wish we had your education system so our children could grow up as well informed as you.

As for that "kiss a rock" comment, that's why we want to have your education system, so we can be a sensible as you.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unleash the hounds!

15. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who said World Rivalries was starting to suck?

16. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    It's just so trite.

Wondering why the Irish drink so much is like wondering my dogs lick their own balls - because they can.

17. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    :D. That's a classic comparison

18. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    I knew I'd come up with one you hadn't heard before.

19. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    It was less of an insulting joke and more of a comment, though... so it doesn't count ;)

20. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    What does it say about the Irish people that being equated with canine auto-fellatio is not insulting?

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So what? Let all the Euros think America is fecal. Back in the old days, the Persians and the Egyptians and Babilonians all thought that the Greeks were fecal because the Greeks elected actors to run their city-states. But then the fecal Greeks kicked their ass. History repeats itself.

22. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    SoFla... it says we know how to be far more inulting than that;)

Argentine, are you trying to tell me the US is going to expand over to mainland Europe? I mean, you do already have "George the Great" :rolleyes:

23. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    You mean the logic of this quote from your Nat'l Geographic link, which you didnt choose to include in your post for some reason?:

----------------------
    Others outside the U.S., most notably young adults in Mexico, also struggled with basic geography facts. Young people in Canada and Great Britain fared almost as poorly as those in the U.S.
    -----------------------

24. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that why half the world wants to emigrate here?

Did it ever occur to you that we provoke envy/criticism because we do whatever the hell we want, and Tony Blair is W's personally trained attack yorkie? Cops generate distain, and we're the world's only police, and guess what, McBraniac? We're not waiting for the next bully to rise up, kick your a$$, and suck us into WWIII.

Listen Corky, we don't give a fook about what your little rainy island thinks or the rest of Europe thinks. We know you'll pick up the little red hotline phone the next time Germany starts to b!tch-slap you.

Without us, you'd be wearing liederhosen and/or typing on your computer from the North Pole.

Topper

:D :D

25. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Wrong again. The Irish were not involved in WW2. And the Germans would have lost the war even without the US's involvement... because of the Russians (must hurt somebody as right wing as yourself to hear that). Why I'd live on the North Pole is a mystery to me.

BTW, Tony Blairs status doesn't matter in the least to me, it has no reason to.