PLEASE READ TODAY (11/6) if you're going to Chicago

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by gocaps, Nov 6, 2003.

1. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    In order to bring instruments, banners, and other items into Soldier Field, you need a special pass. I'm working with the Fire's front office to get those passes for any DC fan who wants one and will attend the game on Sunday.

The Fire is cool with us bringing stuff in, but they want to know what exactly we'll be bringing.

If you want to bring banners, instruments, or other paraphernalia into Soldier Field on Sunday, please e-mail me TODAY at roadtrips@screaming-eagles.com and tell me what you'd like to bring in.

I'm talking to the guy again both today and tomorrow, and I'll find out if there are any specific restrictions on where you can hang banners, among other things.

Oh yeah, cheer LOUD. DCU needs all the help it can get :)

2. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Bring zip ties for your banners. No duct tape or strings are allowed.

3. Also, streamers have been banned recently (don't know why) and ticker tape or register tape is not allowed (apparently their potentially dangerous if they don't unfurl).

4. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    is a bong acceptable paraphernalia?

5. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    only if you bring enough to share ;)

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Even if streamers were, I don't think stadium management would allow them in an away supporters' section.

7. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if there is a place near Soldier Field that will show the NE/NJ match (on Fox Sports World) that starts about an hour after our match ends? Thanks.

8. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not really near, but close enough.

http://www.gingersalehouse.com/

9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Re: Re: PLEASE READ TODAY (11/6) if you're going to Chicago

Believe it or not - I was in the not category till I saw it myself - if you drive about an hour north of Soldier Field, you'll run into a place called, of all things, the Bong Recreation Area.

So, if you don't get your parry-fan-alia into the stadium, perhaps after the game you can just head up to that place, where I can't imagine they'd have any objections.

10. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Re: Re: Re: PLEASE READ TODAY (11/6) if you're going to Chicago

:)

11. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Atouk, try this sports bar for the 3 P.M. game:

http://www.harrycarays.com/in_chica.htm

They have about 8 TVs and they should have the game on without sound. Call them to make sure. This place is about 2 1/2 miles northwest of Soldier Field, 1/4 mile north of Dal Loop, and near the Blue Line subway to O'Hare as well as the elegant Motel 6 near Michigan Ave. Best Motel 6 I have ever seen. It used to be a boutique French hotel.

12. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States