PLEASE help this foreign Arg supporter get a good football Arg package

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Diego Maradona, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am visiting Arg for the first time in Sep 2009

I want to see Argentina vs Brazil live and I want a nice package

For example I can get stuff like this in England

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?p...-4C1A-816E-FB505E82E076}&newsid=511273&page=3

and

http://lifestyle.saga-lastminute.co...-1&catID=91502&intcmp=lmn_sport_double_podule

now I found this

http://www.worldfootballtravel.com/customorder.php?matchID=6674&pt=Single

but to me that isn't all that as with the English ones, you get a match day program, special souveir, 3 course meal, meet ex players and stuff like this

now I tried to search the arg website

http://www.afa.org.ar/

but I cant read spanish, can someone PLEASE help this true loving arg supporter reach his dream and watch ARG play Brazil and visit Arg for the first time

I want to book it now, as I want the best seat and everything great in gen as that other arg vs brazil website had some nice stuff but there must be better ones.

Playing against a local tream sounds nice as the previous link shows but still

2. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im tentatively going to go see that game. If you want we can arrange something together.

3. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm Argentinian.

5. DCUtd

DCUtd Member

Oct 26, 1999
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be able to hook y'all up with a tour operator here (I live in BA) to do something like that. I have recommended them to several friends coming to Buenos Aires for various games. I will send him an email and see if he can help. Ping me off line...

Che Christian, si las necesitás, puede venderte entradas al SuperClasico en la bonbonera cuando vengas.

6. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dale loco, vamos! Quiero quiero. Creo que tambien voy en Feb por una semanita y despues al superclasico. Que amargura el sabado, no!

7. DCUtd

DCUtd Member

Oct 26, 1999
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Que verguenza Carrizo, eh? El superclasico es 4/5/08 - estarás en Buenos Aires?

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carrizo la rompio! Al menos asi lo vi yo. Me gusto mucho como atajo!

9. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no atajo mal pero se hizo el canchero i se adelanto en todas las pelotas paradas cuando riquelme tiraba siempre al arco. en si no atajo mal pero tomo mala decisiones

10. rogerx

rogerx New Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Argentina
    Estoy de acuerdo totalmente. Me parece que Carrizo se adelantó en todos los tiros con pelota parada y eso lo favoreció a Riquelme para hacer el segundo gol. Una macana. Esperemos que hoy haya mejor suerte.

11. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carrizo puede que se adelanto pero creo que lo hizo aproposito. Creo que el tenia mas confianza en si de atajarle a Riquelme un tiro libre que Riquelme de hacerle un gol.

12. rogerx

rogerx New Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Argentina
    Ya lo dice el dicho: la confianza mata al hombre....
    Por suerte este superclásico lo llevamos adelente y pudimos ganar con un poco de sosobra al final, pero contentos igual.
    ¡¡¡AGUANTE EL MILLO CARACHO!!!!

13. chicago millonario

chicago millonario New Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Buenos Aires
    I used to work in a hostel in Buenos Aires and we would recommend tour groups for games all the time. The most known is Tangol, who offer tours to most of the league games. I don't know if they will be offering tickets to that match, but I don't see why not. Personally I never used them but that is a good place to start.

As for as getting something similar to the package tours offered in England, let me just say that you should probably lower your expectations. At best you'll get transportation to the game and a seat, and not much else. And while the Monumental is the most modern stadium in Buenos Aires, you won't find any plush seats with cupholders.

http://www.tangol.com/asp/futbolargentino.asp

14. DCUtd

DCUtd Member

Oct 26, 1999
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plush seats with cupholders? JAJAJAJAJAJAJA :D

That's actually a good point - keep in mind that Argentina, unlike the European leagues, still have standing room only sections behind the goals with huge fences to keep the fans from invading the pitch. In Monumental, the seats are wood with metal. You won't leave there remembering how great the seats are, but you will leave there remembering an unbelievable atmosphere.

15. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With all due respect to the River Plei supporters in here. I have to say that the most modern stadium is VELEZ. Un beso grande para todos! Can wait for Boca River! I'm going!! You're coming with me DCU?

16. chicago millonario

chicago millonario New Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Buenos Aires
    I'm not knocking any of the other teams. I've been to Velez's stadium twice and its a very nice place to watch a football game, but it's far to get to by public trans, and there's nothing really modern about it, other than when it was built.

Plus, what difference does it make? Do you really think Argentina and Brazil would play in a mid-size stadium?

17. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    NO of course they would play in El Monumental, althought I would like to watch it in LA BOMBONERA

18. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    thanks everyone with their help.
    I hope to book a ticket as soon as someone comes back to me with a good deal

I hope I can meet other arg supporters from here in arg when we play Brazil.

I obviously dont speak Spanish but I will bring what I can to the game

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True thing is that fence sucks, it serves no purpose other than decoration. Seriously, if i wanted to throw any object into the pitch the fence wouldn't stop me, although it wouldn't reach the pitch because it's far, if i wanted to climb the fence and go to the otherside, i could do it in 3 seconds, the problem is the "bottomless pit" with fence or no fence i wouldn't be able to jumpt over it, so yeah it's plain useless. Even the fence on the away stand(which is in the top "bowl") doesn't serve much purpose either.

Vélez is the most modern of Buenos Aires(not of Argentina though:p) too bad its capacity isn't as good as River's, it's still above "mid size".

20. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    El Unico de La Plata seria el mas moderno? Ese fue construido en el 2003, no? Have you been there? If you have, what is it like?

21. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I meant Buenos Aires, as in the city, not the province. Regarding that stadium, at least from TV it looks cool, i haven't been there, my sister has but for concerts though, she says it's one of the best stadiums she saw live.

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know that's what you meant. lol That's why I asked you if you thought that the most modern in Argentina was El Estadio Unico? Also I know that Independiente is building Libertadores de America and Estudiantes also is building a new stadium as well, not as big, but with a capacity for about 20k.

23. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Estudiantes stadium is like, a nice small stadium, of course they'll stick to the Unico for big attendance matches(apparently 80% of their home matches would be at their stadium). Until Libertadores de América reopens:cool:, yes i think that La Plata's is the most modern.

24. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well nobody has got back to me so I will have to book my own way.

Whats the nicest place you got get, you know nice soft seats, best view, maybe like a cup holder and maybe even a foot rest ?

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol lol You are kidding right?