Please help! Need Club Team and National Team to Support!

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by honkifulovemls, Dec 25, 2005.

1. BennyNL redded

BennyNL redded Red Card

Dec 21, 2005
    Rotterdam
    Funny how you confirm your ignorance with this post.

have you ever seen a match of the current brazillian NT? i doubt it, as you keep on saying they are all about individual performance. Fool, they play perfectly together...its a real team, they work for eachother and not just 11 individuals who are each looking only for their own glory.

wow, why am i even trying to explain this...you probably never even played the game, let alone watched a full match of worldclass footy

2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    I really see nothing wrong with finding additional teams to support for the national side I think it really should have something to do with your heirtage if you want to be a true supporter I have English and Irish heritage so I like to cheer on those teams when they are not playing the US especially Ireland.

As for the club side you should just try and watch as many games as possible and see which team strikes a chord with you. It can be difficult especially if you don't have GOL TV and FSC but if you have a good internet connection there's plenty of streams to be had and if you are of age almost everyone has a pub nearby that shows games.

I like to follow the teams with US players I wish I could watch more of Beasley and Keller but we only get the occasional game... Gasp I like to watch Citeh for Reyna and Barton has been impressing me... Reading could be a good team to start following with two Americans and they'll be in the EPL next year! maybe they can surprise like Wigan who I've enjoyed watching this year... I also like watching the spurs that could be an interesting choice go against some stereotypes and get a Yid Army shirt! Really the key is to start finsing games to watch and seewho you like I feel confident that a team will tug at your heartstrings at some point usually sooner then later I started watching games on TV in the 90's and it seemed like Man Utd was on every week when other weren't but it was Giggs that turned me into a real Utd supporter maybe it will be a certain player for you or the history of a club or the style of play or all these things...

There is a plethora of reading material on clubs of all types out there more than you could read so just look around watch highlights shows etc... I wouldn't even watch with the thought of trying to hard to find a team just see who grabs you it could be an underdog trying to keep from relegation or a huge club fighting to stay up top or one that always ends up in the middle without fear of relegation and no real shot at a title only you can know and it will be for your own reasons

3. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HAHA! Thanks for the negative rep by the way you child...and thanks for the private recommendation of reading your post....I suggest you do the same, otherwise you wouldn't have come to the idiotic conclusion that you did. Also, you might also pick up how I explained that I am not American. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you're a 14 year old Brazil fanboy with access to the Internet.

ONCE AGAIN, I never claimed they don't play together, they obviously do, as any team does, but their strategy relies more heavily on individualism. That is where you misunderstood me and jumped to such an inane conclusion, by individualism I did not mean "no teamwork whatsoever" It is the simple fact that Brazilian's technical ability allows them more individual ball control once they have possession, and they utilize that in their offensive strategy.

P.S. I've been playing football since I was five and have seen quite a few complete saaaaawker matches, hehe...

And don't worry, I won't negative rep you back.....