Playoffs begin tonight [R]

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by El Gato, Jul 30, 2003.

1. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playoffs begin tonight

New Jersey Lady Stallions host second place Long Island at 7:30 tonight. I believe the winner will take on the winner of the Boston/Ottawa matchup.

2. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: Playoffs begin tonight

yup. the boston/ottawa game should be interesting.

ottawa lost to boston 1-0 in their first game, but then tied boston in the 2nd game, giving boston their first non-3pt-win.

BUT...i think ottawa will have it tough this game, and if they advance...they are missing a core group of 4 players that are now with canada's pan-am team in the dominican repubilc, and they are/were crucial to the team's success. it'll be interesting to see how the results end up!

elaine

3. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long Island lost a 2-1 halftime lead to the NJ Lady Stallions, in a 4-2 divisional play-off opener loss. LI was the agressors of the game, outshooting NJ 18-9, but NJ moves on.

NJ goes on to play Ottawa, who sent Boston home with their first loss of the season 3-2 Thursday night.

http://www.ottawafury.com/wleague/News/news041.htm

Ottawa played Boston tough twice during the year, but this still is a HUGE win for them. Boston has been the class of the W-League for the past two seasons, and continued that this season.

Could we see a Ottawa - Vancouver (Whitecap FC) all Canada final?

4. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Too bad Ottawa will be missing four key players (Pan-Am Games) for the game against New Jersey this weekend.

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    just got back from a 4-day trip to LA...and read about the boston win! go fury!!

i hear/read that isabelle morneau will suit up for today's game....hopefully a score will be up, cause the game should be over by now...

elaine

6. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I haven't been able to find a score yet....

7. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ottawa 4 New Jersey LS 2

"OTTAWA, ONT -- The visiting New Jersey Lady Stallions rallied from a two-goal deficit, but were unable to top the Ottawa Fury, who were led by an Aisha Alfa hat-trick in a 4-2 win at Keith Harris Stadium Sunday afternoon in front of 800 fans. Ottawa advances to the W-League Championship tournament August 8-10 as the Eastern Conference champions."

http://www.uslsoccer.com/home/60388.html

Good luck to Ottawa next weekend! They are the only Canadian W-League team to make it to the final four.

8. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    go aisha! she's a greaty feisty player!!!

so glad that the fury win!!! and i do hope they go all the way next weekend!!!

izzy played the entire game as a sweeper, so i guess she can now play soccer w/contact! woohooo!!!

elaine