Playoff Series

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by taboga, May 6, 2007.

1. taboga

taboga Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Would anyone hear be interested in MLS having a 3 game playoff series later in the future of MLS once MLS is popular enouph to sell out every playoff game? I mean I look at the NBA and how awesome their playoffs are this year.

2. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle New Member

May 17, 2006
    Kwassa Kwassa
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe they did this, and no I'm not interested. You just end up with either midweek games which won't sell out, or the playoffs drag on ever longer. They need to just get rid of the playoffs and give that time as a summer break.

3. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    They did this at the beginning, and the series was pretty boring. I would rather them make each game more meaningful than make you have to sit through two games just to get to the deciding game 3. Playing the same team 3 times in a row was not good.

I like the current playoff format.

4. MNAFETSC

MNAFETSC Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Blacksburg
    To me the NBA playoffs are a drag. First it takes 82 games to eliminate less than half the teams then your expected to play teams you played only 3-4 times during the regular season up to 7 times in each round. Keep it simple single elimination or over two legs both ways can be done in a week making the whole playoffs 3 weeks long as oppossed to 2 months like the nba