Playoff Line-up

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by KeeperKid18, Oct 29, 2003.

1. KeeperKid18

KeeperKid18 New Member

May 3, 2003
    NJ
    Barring any injuries, or unexpected things this is how the line-up should look in my opinion, for the playoffs.

-Walker-
    Leitch-Pope-Jolley-Bartolomeu
    Clark-Lisi
    Guevara-Gaven
    Mathis-Magee

In the following things, the second option would not be used unless the first player is not available.

CK(1st option): Magee
    CK(2nd option): Lisi

Direct/Indirect kick in attack zone:
    (1)-Lisi
    (2)-Guevara

PK Taker(1): Guevara
    PK Taker(2): Lisi

5 man bench(for road games):
    J. Wolyniec(F)
    A. Juskowiak(F)
    T. Regan(D/M)
    C. Zaidie(D)
    P. Grafer(GK)

2. ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan New Member

Jan 20, 1999
    SHAPE, Belgium
    I fear bradley will play williams nonetheless :(

3. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    The problem with Lisi has been addressed in other threads. He doesn't play enough defense to partner up with Clark. If he was more concsious of that, he would be a lock in that position. Actually, he would be ideal for the deep distributing role, sort of like a Pirlo with AC Milan. Again, the obvious problem is that he isn't a two-way player.

Also, if it is true that he has problems with his ankles, how many minutes do you guys think he can put in?

My only peeve with Gaven is that his runs are way too isolated. He makes the run, but it usually doesn't result in anything constructive, because his teammates don't combine with him that well at times. He is a lock though, just because he has become a marked man (how many fouls did he draw against NE?).

4. Partizan_fc

Partizan_fc New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    New York City
    Lisi is not fit to play 90 minutes. I would put him in at around the 60th if we're losing. He changes the way the team plays whenever he steps onto the field. We are always more offensive when hes playing.

5. metrosct

metrosct New Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Rowayton, CT
    If Lisi is healthy enough to play 90, you can flip flop Guevara and Lisa in that line-up. Guevara can get the job done defensively while still distributing/contributing on the offensive end. I'd prefer to have Lisi on the field because he seems to make things happen. As for Clark, for the latter part of the season he seems to have been a little lost going forward. However, he is undoubtedly our best ball winner. Let him play Richie's role at breaking up the opponent's attacks.

Clark
    Guevara
    Lisi Gaven

6. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After trumpeting Lisi all year it's nice to see everyone else coming around on him. Yes, I just threw my arm out patting myself on the back.

Even so, this thread is wishful thinking. There's no way Bob doesn't start Richie Saturday. And there's no way it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. I can't believe I'm going to spend 50 bucks to see a team that's going to field Richie freaking Williams in the starting lineup, but such is the nature of being a MetroStars fan.

At least I'll get a thanksgiving turkey out of all the pain they've caused me this season.

7. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    Don't bet on it... Anything is possible at this point.

8. PLJ

PLJ New Member

Jan 5, 2001

9. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    PLJ,

4-4-2
    Diamond shapes are very common, you'll see 'em a lot on defense.

Not at all "stupidity". You've got to go to a whole 'nother level to approach that here.

I agree with you on starting Magee over Woly. Woly off the bench is a great spark!