Playoff DVD Wanted!!!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by JayRockers!, Nov 18, 2004.

1. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    If anyone is willing to burn the playoffs and Cup on a DVD for me, I'd humbly pay a couple of bucks for it. I have it on 3 different videotapes right now, but I'd prefer something a little simpler and clearer.

Thx,

Jay!

2. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of us are looking into this. Hang in there, we'll know pretty soon.

GM

3. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    I'm still in the phase where I'll at least considering buying a 2004 Playoff --Insert Item Here--!

I mean like 50's tourist thimbles, paving stones, lingerie...if Sports Illustrated offered one of those "Championship Packs" for a subscription, I'd even subscribe to that crap rag.

A DVD would be heavenly.

4. bofahey

bofahey Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Washington, DC
    I would also be grateful to be able to obtain these.

I'm sure someone has already suggested this to Zack, but I think if the team got permission from FSW/ABC to make some cheap DVD-R copies of the Eastern final and the Cup match, many DCU fans would gladly pay a pretty penny for it. They could sell them at the next Equipment Sale.

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    It wouldn't have to be anything facny...hell just the New England game would be worth it.

6. Short Irish Guy

Short Irish Guy New Member

May 1, 2003
    Houston
    I'd love to hear the guys from The Soccer Show do a running commentary as an alternate audio track on the DVD :)

Speaking of which - is the team going to put out a season highlight DVD? Or any DVD in general?

7. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I love it when FSW does it for EPL games...I will forever remember "Shut up you southern muppet" from a United-Arsenal match.

8. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spent some time late last night watching season highlights at MLSnet. On the last regular season home match, against the Metros, I love how shortly after their first goal, you can clearly hear folks chanting "DIE METROS DIE . . .DIE METROS DIE . . ."

9. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard rumors of a DCU DVD in the works. This last week might have added a few minutes to it...

10. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Scour through the NEw England boards (I think) There is a guy that records all the matches, as well as other leagues. He very well may have the Revolution/DC as well as the Cup match. he isn't selling them only requires you sned a dvd-r to him to use.

If I find it first I will post it here.

11. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    PS. This bigsoocer board stuff is making my spelling go to hell. So's ya know!

12. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    JAY! I found it.
    Here ya go. i am nto sure if he ahs one of the con final and the cup yet but worth asking.
    Good luck and let me know what he says.
    Chers all.

DVD Copy of Matches

13. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Just make sure that if they are going to do this to not use the FSW version and to use the New England local version. Sound quality is 10 times better and you can really feel the atmosphere in the stadium that night. Whatever FSW does to their sound it never comes out very well.

14. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I've been looking for a non-FSW copy of the New England match. If I got one, I'd seed it on BT for a week.

15. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the game you're talking about is the Conference final, yeah. I'm living up here in Boston and had NESN version and dang the atmosphere was just delicious!

Edit: Sorry I don't have it recorded. It was one of the first things I noticed from the file I downloaded off the torrent link that was floating around.

I did pull up the movie properties in Quicktime and jack the volume to that file though. It seemed to help it a bit.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    awesome webpage that is...........

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Agreed. The audio on FSW is always horrible.

18. vincero

vincero New Member

Oct 8, 1999
    I have a the DC vs NE from the HDnet feed on DVD, actually two dvds, recorded at 2.5 speed.

I am unable to make copies, put it on the internet due to lack of technical skill and equipment.

If anybody has any ideas let me know.

19. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I can't believe MLS doesn't produce DVDs of classic matches.

20. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly my thoughts. it seemed so stupid no to do it. not to mention producing DVDs by comparasin to selling price there is a large profit to be made.
    some of that other crap they sell probably it much more expensive and is completely idiotic.

bottom line, MLS OR DC needs to produce classics DVDS.

my vote for first one dc should make:.. DC's road to MLS Cup 04.

my vote for first one MLS should make: a history of the league, detailed by highlights from classic matches. not just highlights, but a commentated history. id buy those for my whole family.

21. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    The 2003 Quakes and this year's United are just SCREAMING for a comprehensive season review with full length versions of all three playoff matches and MLS Cup.

22. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I'm pretty sure you can get a DVD of the Quakes thriller versus LA from the '03 playoffs.

23. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good news on this front..
    i contacted some guys and from what ive been told

the team is going to put out a 2004 year it review dvd. its hopefully going to be out by january (barely too late for christmas) they are just trying to get the distribution stuff set up. its supposed to be really good and a great recap.
    everyone should order a couple and let the team know they should do this every year :)

they are also working on a 10 year anniversary dvd that should be out by the end of next season.

24. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Outgoddamnedstanding

25. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team: