Playing Soccer on the Northwest Side of Chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by ChicagoTom, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    I live on the northwest side of Chicago near Harlem and Irving Park Road. I have been trying to find some people to play soccer with recently. I have not played in quite a few years, but I would like to start playing again. Does anyone know of any pick up games that take place at say Cumberland Park or the surrounding area? Any information you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. ciudadcentral

ciudadcentral New Member

May 27, 2005
    Chi - ca - go!
    Drive straight down Harlem to 71st Street. Talk to Mr. Sarachan, he'll probably work you into the lineup.

3. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not too far from Portage Park (Irving/Central) where I've seen people playing pretty often.

4. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    If you don't mind driving straight west on Irving to the other side of O'Hare, I can help you out.

5. Kemo

Kemo Member

I live near Portage Park as well and have seen people playing, some good quality, but some pretty bad. I spoke with some people this last weekend that play pick up games at 6pm on Saturdays. They said it is open to whoever shows up. They were 12 on 13 I think and even had corner flags and some mini goals with nets.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Thanks to those who responded. I appreciate it!