Playing at Nebraska

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by AB1FAN, Feb 9, 2003.

1. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. fanofall

fanofall New Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    I agree, "Towards the bottom".

3. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea Yea!!

It is pick on AB day!

4. fanofall

fanofall New Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    I was just wondering why Atlanta would play a college team that normally doesn't use its seniors in the spring games. Breanna Boyd and Christine Latham were obviously two of the key players if they are strong enough to be chosen to the WUSA as foreign players this year. Nebraska has a very high attendance for its soccer games and there will be a great turn-out. On second thought, the more fans the League draws, the better for all involved and this is reaching out to a new area. Go for it, Beat.

5. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We aren't the only ones. Philly is joining us. Great company,eh? :rolleyes:

6. BB99

BB99 New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    Nebraska - WUSA Connection

Data from Page 20 of the 2003 WUSA Draft Guide

WUSA Draft Selections by School
    (all WUSA Drafts 2001 & 2002)

1) University of North Carolina - 17
    2) Santa Clara University - 13
    3) University of Nebraska - 10
    4) University of Connecticut - 9
    University of Notre Dame - 9
    6) UCLA - 8
    Stanford University - 8
    8) University of Florida - 7
    9) Clemson University - 6
    10) North Carolina State University - 5

7. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Erin Miller still Nebraska's goalie? A good buddy of mine dated her for about a year, she also played for the same club as I, Dakota Gold. Another girl I went to high school with I believe redshirted this year for the Huskers this season, Katie Bunkers. She's one hell of an athlete, I don't know if she has the skills to play D1, but she sure is athletic enough.

*Edit, just checked the stats, and it looks like I was wrong, Katie appeared in 21 games this year and started in 14 of em, so she definitely didn't redshirt.

8. BB99

BB99 New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    From the Nebraska site "Wright will make a run at the starting position in goal, with the loss of Erin Miller." Not sure of Erin's plans but I hear it was her decision to leave. Also not sure who will play in net...

http://www.huskersnside.com/ViewArt...25&SPSID=38&SPID=26&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=5410

9. Micro Scope

Micro Scope New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Beat in Huskerville

The Beat will travel with their entire tryout roster to Nebraska for two games. The "2nd" team will play the Cornhuskers on Friday night and the "1st" teams from Atlanta and Philly will play each other on Saturday. Nebraska will play Philly's "2nd" team on Sunday. Everyone wins in this deal. The University of Nebraska gets to host two of the best teams in the world and expose their players to the pro coaches. They also get to match themselves against two very good 2nd teams. The Beat and the Charge get two games. One for the 2nd team and one for the first teamers. Even in pre-season, 1st team games between these two WUSA giants should be very good. All this packaged in a nice stadium in a place where professional soccer isn't likely to land in this lifetime. There will be plenty of fans for the Beat/Nebraska game I bet. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

10. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Thanks Micro Scope! Are you going to be there? I'm jealous!!!!

11. BB99

BB99 New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    Re: Beat in Huskerville

Good job. Thanks for the information.

12. beejoo

beejoo New Member

Mar 10, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    So I should go to these games?

Peledre, there are three Erin Millers in the Student directory and one Kathleen Bunker. Do you want their phone numbers for stal... media reasons? ;)

13. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I could have found you guys when I still lived there. I"m a native Nebraskan, lived there for 32 years. Never had a fellow soccer fan to watch games with.
    Anyway, still a Husker at heart--go NU! They make me proud.

14. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I do believe Nebraska has webcast their soccer matches the past couple of seasons. Any chance that they will broadcast these games? I doubt it but it doesn't hurt to ask.

15. BB99

BB99 New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    Nebraska did radio webcasts of a lot of home games, but I don't know if they'd do that for exhibition games. Best to check their site out when the time comes...

http://www.huskersnside.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=26

ps The video webcast they did for the Santa Clara sweet 16 game was brutal..not enough speed on the server or the network so the picture and sound would cut out every 10 sec. or so. Good idea though. If it had worked it would have been excellent.

16. beejoo

beejoo New Member

Mar 10, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    They can do the webcast because Huskervideo tried making webcast broadcasting for Husker Football games for all the farmers that can't afford to get into the stadium. It's a technology in progress for us People of the Corn.

17. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    ABSOLUTELY!!! Give us a recap here, please!

18. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Re: Beat in Huskerville

MicroScope, you have a PM... :)

Paul

19. tiej

tiej New Member

Nov 17, 2002
    Winston Salem, NC
    The list does inlude a game at that time but i'm not sure if is the Atlanta/Nebraska game. but I'll check tomorrow anyway.

http://www.huskersnside.com/liveEve...ACCOUNT_TYPE=USER&DB_MENU_ID=332&SPID=&SPSID=

20. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Actually that is for "Sports Nightly". It's their sports talk show.

21. beejoo

beejoo New Member

Mar 10, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    Tomorrows game, Mar 7th is at 7pm local time. Doubt you people can hear or see it.

22. powerrulz

powerrulz New Member

Jul 13, 2001
    New York
  23. tiej

tiej New Member

Nov 17, 2002
    Winston Salem, NC
    that's bad, bad, bad!

I guess those people reallly like to watch sports where the players turn thier back to the flag.. :(

24. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so no pbp at all?