Players you once had respect for but lost through their actions

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Dec 11, 2005.

1. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    dunno about players I lost respect for ,but there is a manager who has lost a load of respect.

Harry Redknapp....

-walked out of Portsmouth because his ego was too big to work alongside football director Velimir Zajec .The club was well placed at the time.
    -then has the nerve to sign up with arch rivals southampton.
    -gets southampton relegated.
    -threatens to quit the job over the summer but is persuaded to stay if he gets backing from the board.
    -then he suddenly walks out of southampton when the portsmouth job is back on offer after Perrin is sacked.
    -and is now making excuses in preparation for another likely relegation.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/4562632.stm

the guy is a fvckin clown.

2. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Sam Allardyce winds me up - he is one ugly fcukpig...................:(

3. dep50cal

dep50cal New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Japan
    Poalo Di Canio.

I love Lazio. He has done good things for them but why does he do these things to my beloved club? Lazio is a good club with the usuall small percentage of mischeivous fans that most European clubs have. They are doing fairly well so far this season, but all I hear about lately is Paolo's antics and the wave of criticism he creates for his club and his country. I cant believe the league keeps suspending him instead of banning him. He obviously isnt going to stop. Just get rid of him! Lazio will be qualify for the uefa tournaments again but not until he is gone.

GO LAZIO!!!

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    alex ferguson. what a joke he has become. should have retired half a decade ago.

5. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    just to straighten something out, the salute that Di Canio did....what exactly does it look like? I read in another forum it's the same as the Nazi salute, is that true?

6. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Same as the nazi salute but with the fist closed.
    Am I right?

7. GOYA-GOYA

GOYA-GOYA Member

Dec 15, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cuauhtemoc Blanco anyone? His antics for country and club are really comical.

8. benilson09

benilson09 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hartselle, AL
    Lee Bowyer has lost his mind. Jeff Agoos's embarrassing display of "defense" in the last world cup. Rio Ferdinand is in my grey area, as a player he has my utmost respect, but his off the pitch turmoil isn't the greatest example in the world.

9. benilson09

benilson09 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hartselle, AL
    Forgot to mention Eric Wynalda, he helped the US make progress, but his commentary and criticism during MLS games makes me sick. He is so critical of everyone, and how long did he last at Leon??

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yeah its the same. nazis stole the salute.

11. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    If you're going to dislike a player for acting after they were harshly fouled/treated, then you might as well dislike %99 of footballers.

People focus on Rivaldo I guess because his antics were so obvious. And I think it's stupid to single him out. I think much less of the Turk that kicked the ball at him.

12. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    Indeed he has calmed a bit. Though on the CL matchday 6 he was cursing out the official... I was annoyed he wasn't even carded.

Maybe it's his 'elbows in the face' style of defending.

13. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    Not to defend Totti on spitting but most star players in his shoes on that day would have did something stupid as he was completely hassled by Denmark's Christian Poulsen for 90 minutes.

14. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    i doubt that "most star players" would spit in the others face :rolleyes:

15. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Some other players would have punched him in the face. I don't know what's worse. And that is comming from someone who is part Danish.

16. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Spitting is undoubtedly lower.

If you are going to do something then be a man and hit him. Spitting is just dirty.

17. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  18. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    I don't care what is considered lower. I know for sure I'd rather be hit in the face then be spit in the face. But hitting someone is physical violence, which in my opinion isn't punished enough in football. If you just look at what happened to Niels Kokmeijer(I hope I spelled it correctly) after he got kicked last year. The guy can never walk again!

19. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    The spitting incident with Totti.

20. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    yeah i agree with totti ive really lost a lot of respect he's way to dramatic and just is a baby

21. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I wouldn't necessarily rather be hit in the face than spat at, but I'd have more respect for my opponent.

A couple of years ago I got nutted in a game, but I had more respect for my opponent than if he had spat at me. After the game I could shake his hand.

22. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    What were you doing to cause that ;)

23. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    I dislake spitting at someone a lot, it's disgusting. But to hate someone for it for the rest of his/her life is nonsense in my opinion. Maybe I would have done something far worse in the case of Totti, I will never know. What I do know is that I would have been driven crazy aswell.

Last year someone on our team tackled someone who fell with his head on the ground. The guy had a concussion. Ofcourse everyone was mad at him, he himself the most I think. But the next day he went to the hospital, just to show he cared. That says a lot I think.

24. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Ummm, nothing much really. Someone fouled me, but the ref didn't give anything. The next time he got the ball I cleaned him out, but again the ref gave nothing, so off the ball he nutted me.

Bit of handbags really.

25. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    I didnt say they would spit but they would punch, kick, make racist remarks, etc. In the end it is all the same. Obviously Totti wasn't thinking ahead when he did that, just got caught up in the moment and it happened. We have all been there and done something stupid at one time or another but it was a classless act from a talented star the world was waiting to witness. Totti has the World Cup 2006 to prove himself to the world and make a name for himself.