Players Will Solve Our Problems- The First Of Many Transfers/Rumors Thread.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by El-CapitanoR7, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Does that mean we sold them Robben cheap for nothing? :D

1 person likes this.
  2. Jehuisthere

Jehuisthere Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's a great question actually!

3. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    maybe we can get a player like muller or alaba once they develop for cheap

4. jafo1972

jafo1972 Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Robben used to be injured 50% of a season so €25MM for a guy that was injured so frequently was a good deal in my opinion. It sucks for us that he was as healthy as ever almost all season for Bayern. If we knew back then then he should have been worth €35-€40MM. He's still one of my favorite players.

5. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    He was injured for 50% of a season when we bought him for how much was it? 40 ME or nearabouts? If we got a good deal by selling him, Chelsea was superior.

6. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    To be fair, we got our own back with Chelsea

[​IMG]

7. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    couple things to keep in mind -- beginning of the league doesn't matter in brazil right now if you're playing in the league cup, which is santos' case. stars were rested so they could be rested in the cup semis. the cup is a big deal because it gives you automatic qualification in the libertadores.

ganso reminds me of rivaldo. that guy was a stick. i dont think ganso has the scoring touch that rivaldo had, but he's a better passer and his left foot is lethal. this santos team is very very good and i can see half the starting line-up eventually playing for brazil (which was what happened to robinho's santos team).

the sky is the limit for neymar. he needs to figure things out and i don't know how long that will take. it took robinho getting to santos now to "get it." look at robinho's second goal against ireland, for example. now i think robinho has a brain because he's learned not to be selfish and doesnt need to do all that useless fancy stuff. neymar still likes that and he needs to grow. i dont want him at madrid now or any other team in europe because...well, robinho is the perfect example. neymar will be ready when he's 20.

8. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I think you mean ManCity, Chelsea got off lucky :p.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That's beyond harsh. FFS he just turned 18, he'll grow up some day but to expect him to act like he's a mid-20's full fledged international is pushing it.

10. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. russian19020

russian19020 New Member

Nov 13, 2008
    45m euro for tevez - thats goood, i like that.
    buy 30 year old milito, nty...

12. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Spends all this time flirting for a move and suddenly he wants to stay. Then again, Bayern on paper are an impressive team and did just reach the CL final.

13. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am quite sure Real Madrid and Barcelona were just not that interested anymore...so he went for the next best option.

I think it´s also likely he will have something in his contract, which will let him leave for a certain amount of money(60mio perhaps?).

When he gets in form again next season, I wouldn´t be surprised if Real is starting to court him again...:rolleyes:

14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well he got to the final with Bayern, that means more money as well. Why move to a team like RM, Barce or ManU, teams that didn't even reach the UCL final?

15. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ManU or any other English club were not really options for Ribery, since he isn´t really fond of England.

Real and Barca though:
    So if either of this two gets seriously interested he would want to go there. He would hardly leave us for any other club though.

16. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why would we sell him for cheap if we was never really all that interested in signing Ribery?

17. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is positive (Mourinho Approves):
    http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/m...javi-martinez/dasftb/20100521dasdaiftb_32/Tes

De Rossi or Gerard?
    http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/otras-alternativas-rossi-gerrard/dasftb/20100521dasdaiftb_33/Tes

18. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    30 ME for Javi Martinez? Bilbao can kiss my a** for that price.

19. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
  20. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You could say that 14-18 ME is probably the realistic price that they would accept. WC PT and performance could inflate this further.

21. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
  22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Albiol and Silva are BFF's so of course he would think Silva would be a great signing.

23. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What are you on about? When was the last time Bayern was in the CL final and how many times have Barcelona and United been in it in the last 5 years? He go out shun by Robben, in fact, Robben betterd every season he has had in football. When people saw that, they saw that he was simply not that good and lost interest.

But I still feel he is good enough to warrant a starting place at Madrid assuming his form is just tempoary. The guy looked Zidane like back in his days at France.

24. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    No way, they already paid 6ME when he was 17 and had never played a professional game. That's a massive, massive risk for a club that basically has no transfer budget. They wouldn't sell for a mere 8ME surplus. I wouldn't either, I'd start at 20 or bust.

25. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    20 ME is reasonable but any more than that would cause me great intestinal discomfort.