Players to watch in the 2BL

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Last year we had Nils Petersen, Koch and Lasogga who played very well in the 2BL. So who will be the players we shall keep an eye on in the 2 Bundesliga this season??

here are some of the players i think they'll make make impression:

Kevin Wolze (LW, Duisburg)
    André Hoffmann (CB, Duisburg)
    Radjabali-Fardi (LB, Aachen)
    Marco Stierpermann (SS, Aachen)
    Daniel Ginczek (CF, Bochum)
    Matthias Ostrzolek (LB, Bochum)
    Kevin Volland (SS, 1860 Munich)
    Christopher Nöthe (CF, Fürth)
    Prib, Edgar (CM, Fürth)
    Fabian Bäcker (CF, Aachen)
    Tobias Steffen (SS, Cottbus)
    Leonardo Bittencourt (CM, Cottbus)
    Marco Terrazzino (RW, Karlsruher)
    Deniz Naki (SS, St.Pauli)
    Adriano Grimaldi (CF, Fortuna Düsseldorf)
    Maxmilian Beister (LW, Fortuna Düsseldorf)

2. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Christopher Quiring (20,Union Berlin), fast, hard working midfielder

Lasse Sobiech (20, St.Pauli), tall CB, not exactly my favourite CB-type, but had a good start with St.Pauli

Christoph Kramer (20, VfL Bochum) DM with strategic qualities

Marvin Knoll (20, Dynamo Dresden), central Midfielder, good shooting

3. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    He's sort of a Schweinsteiger clone, can play on the wing but is much better in the centre as primary playmaker.

I'd also mention Reinhold Yabo, on loan to Aachen from FC Cologne. He's been a key figure for the DFB youth teams he played for so far.

4. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ginczek just scored the winning goal yesterday, he actually had a good season for Dortmund II last year. A born scorer with good positioning, size, socring instinct and off-the-ball movement

Out of all the mentioned players, i think Volland will most likely be a successful 2BL player. A great prospect imo, and probably the 3rd best 92'er after Goetze and ter Stegen for his age

Thought Fabian Bäcker (scored in his 1BL debut and imo a great scorer) and Deniz Naki could make some impact in the 1BL before, but Fabian Bäcker had contract issue with Gladbach and Naki had discipline issue. I hope they'll show their capabilities in the 2BL soon

Cottbus' CM Bittencourt is already a starter for his club at the age of 17, and showing all the signs of becoming an exciting player.

Volland, Bittencourt, Fabian Bäcker n Naki are the 4 players i recommend

5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    You guys created a very good list so far. So I try it with a dark horse:
    Tobias Jänicke (22 years, Rostock): Versatile midfielder, strong at both feet and with goal instinct.

6. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    According to wikipedia, Deniz Naki has 23 goals in 50 games. That's fantastic for such a young guy playing in a rubbish team. Why do you guys think no big clubs are buying him ?

7. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Kevin Volland has not made an appearance yet for 1860 Munich in the first two games. Do u know why ? Is he injured ?
    I would also like to say that it is a real pity that 1860 Munich are producing some top talents and they cant keep them. Sven Bender,Lars Bender,Mlapa,Moritz Leitner and Kevin Volland. That's five really really good players born in 1989 to 1992. It looks like their academy is very well run or probably there are very talented boys in Munich. I would love to see them go up. If only they could keep them together....

8. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Kevin Volland played in the first 2 games, scored one goal. So nah, he isnt injured

I think he is a very talented striker

9. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Thank you. I thought he did not play because of wikipedia.
    Anyway,I think he will be a superstar in 2-3 years.

10. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kevin Volland does pretty well in the 2BL, but we'll see how he'll perform later in the 1BL with Hoffenheim

He reminds me of Benjamin Lauth in his early career.

Now, my concern about Volland is that he doesnt seem to have a position. he plays CF for 1860 but RW for the DFB U19. We already have too many of these hybrid wingers/SS, he needs to find his best position on the pitch.

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Nobody is keeping up already and it is just the beginning of the season. Nobody following 2 Bundesliga ? Please guys post more info on the players.
    Knoll scored a goal this weekend. Halfar scored 2 goals and he is still young(23 years old).
    BITTENCOURT played 81 minutes and from the short highlights that I saw looks on another level to the other players and he is only 17. He could be the next Gotze/Ozil/Muller in a year or 2. Crossing,moving,passing and dribbling is there.Tracking back and defending is certainly not one of his forces.

12. loewenherz

loewenherz New Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Near Munich
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sebastian Maier from 1860 comes to mind, he played against Aue on Sunday and had a few nice scenes. He played against Cottbus too so Maurer will probably use him regularly this season, I will definitely keep an eye on him.

For those who want to take a look:
    http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/maier/profil/spieler_126285.html

13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Volland scored two goals and made 1 assist at home against Union Berlin in 1860`s 3-1 win. The first goal was a top class finish and the assist was great too. The boy has a bright future for sure.
    Stefan Aigner looks like a great player (at least going forward) too from this match.

14. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jonas Acquistapace (italian grandfather), 22, of VfL Bochum is one of the biggest surprises in the 2BL's first part. Very solid CB with potential for more.

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005