Players Recieving No Recognition in the ACC

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by CU Tennis Star, Oct 28, 2002.

1. cantona24

cantona24 New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Actually the point of the thread was to name the most underrated player in the ACC. And by now we know that we can choose any player from Clemson and likely be choosing a player who is underrated, certainly not by a poster of these boards, but underrated nonetheless. I'm not envious of any of you Clemson fans.

2. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Sorry I must have misread the title of the thread, "Players Revieving No Recognition in the ACC."

3. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Not much longer

I don't think Goodson will lack recognition much longer if he lacks it now. UMD is likely to put five players on the All-ACC Teams (first & second) this year and look for him to make the first team. He has been a cornerstone of the Terps success this year. He has made it imposssible to play the ball in the air (a college game staple) against UMD and has chipped in with 7 points from his centerback position.

4. fractions

fractions New Member

Aug 25, 2002
    addressing llama...

I am shocked that anyone would include Nick Rivera in this post. He recieves no recognition in the ACC because he deserves no recognition in the ACC. I'm sorry but he is not good...at all. A pure thug at best. Absolutely shocking...

interesting...
    yes, could you please elaborate on this pure thug comment, llama, in 13 words or so?

5. Jenagrantfan

Jenagrantfan New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    thought that Oskar cat was one of CU's worst players on Sunday. But as many of you point out, I shouldn't judge a player by one game, however he's short stubby, not fast? I can't imagine him in the pro's.

To clarify:
    Small stubby blonde guy in midfield?

6. CU Tennis Star

CU Tennis Star New Member

Sep 23, 2002
    Clemson
    You're right about who he is. And you shouldn't judge him on that game, because he did play a poor game. He's a great ball winner, and a great leader. You can hear him all over campus. I could always hear him yelling on the field from my dorm room my freshman year. He can play pro ball, just maybe not big time ball. More than likely, he'll return to Sweeden and find a place to play there.

7. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    What??? This is comedy. Each time you post I have to question how much you really watch/understand the game. Clemson had some players turn in some unusually poor performances against UNC. As for Oskar he probably the most consistent player at his position that I have seen.

I guess I should ease up a bit, you are getting better. Much improved from last year's "Neither UNC or Clemson has a good target player" comment...

8. Jenagrantfan

Jenagrantfan New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    fixx, the guy didn't do much in midfield bud. CU tennis star agreed and like I said it was one game, now as far as the target man thing, I don't remember writing, we definitely didn't discuss it back then, I've said this before, if I said this I WAS WRONG.

As for your comments, can I borrow the book you read those out of?

"The best team doesn't always win" -there's a shocker!

"What's a forwards main job?...to score goals"
    -brilliant Fix, thanks for clearing that one up.

You seriously think that Oskar played well on Sunday? Did you see that I admitted to only seeing him once? You basically agreed with me that some players had poor performances and then you called me an idiot for saying oskar wasn't good.

9. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    If I were starting a team and got to choose any players from Clemson or UNC, Oskar is my 2nd pick right behind Warren. He controls the game. I'll admit that it's hard to notice what he does for his team at times. Especially when defenders are whacking it forward everytime they touch the ball. Make it to the ACC tourny games and I promise, if you watch, you'll see it.

10. Jenagrantfan

Jenagrantfan New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    Fair enough, and I'm throwing a disclaimer in here:
    I'm sure you know a lot about the game, I know your a big fan as am I, I enjoy ranting and raving but for my part of the 'below the belt' comments I apologise.

I'll see you at the acc tournament...to quote A Few Good Men, one of my favorite movies...

"Your boys (CU) are going down, Fixxer, there's nothing I can do about it."

11. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Wow!!! I didn't know I was in that movie!! Ok, so maybe it wasn't a true quote.

Work dictates that I will not be at the tournament. Heartbreaking to say the least...I WILL have plenty of eyewitnesses present that will be relaying real time info via cell phones. So don't think just b/c I'm not there I won't be in the know...

Question. How do you think a 1st round ACC tournament loss will affect UNC's draw for NCAA's?