Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1676 aerez, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    Being pissed off does that to you. Call me passionate. The U17 comment from the first game. ( u17)

Nah, I left this board (overall) because it was stagnating. I went to other areas where there were more Argentina fans and more discussion.

My question is where did all the other old regulars go. They are at other parts of the forum, but don't post here.

But you seem to bring that up a lot about how I left the boards. I can't tell when you're serious or joking to be honest.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am just breaking your balls, aerez. There is banter among a lot of us here. I do not think many of us here take it too seriously. Glad you're back.

3. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry man, I'm in an arguement with this guy on the german forums. I'm bringing my negativity here, at the same time while talking there.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In mundo site, lots of people actually does the opposite. Bunch of them would posts in length if we lose a single once in blue moon, then they usually disappear when we're on top.

SupaMario repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    While they do have better defence, we still scored 3 and creates countless dangerous opportunities. We just happened to gift them a free. Its a different thing if we hardly able to break their defence, but we scored as many as we did against Japan, Brazil and Venezuela. That's what makes me fuming, even if u17 tournament isnt rated as a major thing.

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WC rivalry aside , I've seen lots of German supporters congratulate us after winning the WC and lots of their former greats also rates our team & players highly. I mean the guy who scored the winner against us in 2014 final recorded video of himself and his son celebrating our victory.

Klinssman went as far as saying Argentina should have won WC multiple times since 1990 and said he side was lucky that Pekerman didnt puts in Messi in 2006. You wont see that kind of respect from any other Argentina rivals. Ok , lots of Brazillian actually did recently but it has more something to do with celebrating Messi's career than our team. Luis Enrique also said Argentina is no.1 team prior to the WC and he want us to win if its not Spain.

As for teams like Portugal, Mexico and Netherlands, they belongs to same bracket, a zero star team. I wouldnt bother with what they say.

soul24rage repped this.
  7. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rattlehead and Loco repped this.
  8. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Getting absolutely played off the park by Mali in the 3rd place game at the moment.

Gregoire1 repped this.
  9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Couldnt watch the match, hopefully they could pull some good result.

10. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    0-2, half time. They look a class apart tbf.

11. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    0-3, game over. Our defence, particularly one guy, absolutely ridiculed by the Mali player.

12. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fair play to Florentin the GK today. Didn't start well but all in all our best player by quite a distance in this game.

Rattlehead repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Finally home and could watch the remaining of the game. Seems like the heavy rain totally affected our dribbles. Also, I can understand that the kids probably doesnt see the importance of 3rd place match, which basically a battle of two losers.

14. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well if size is a factor for the players, mental toughness is something you can teach. Something tells me Placente who is a good coach, doesn't have that part of him to pass on to the kids. I've been watching his reactions to the side, it seems this tournament was more of a test than actually trying to win it. Mali wanted that third place more and they were more than happy to trash argentina's demoralized spirit. At least play with some pride.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will continue to struggle with African players at this level. The African sides are physically there at this age, which is why France will probably win this tournament.

If a few years time when our youngsters put on some weight, and have made the leap over to the senior side, we will thump Mali or whatever African team that is in front of us, as we always do.

But let’s see what happens when this current group do in a couple years when they will be playing for the Sub 20s.

Gregoire1 and Rattlehead repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The real question is will any of these Mali players end up on the French senior NT in a few years?

Gregoire1, Rattlehead and SupaMario repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Possibly, and their age probably stays the same in 2026 as in 2023

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not worry too much. We're the most successful team at u20 level, one of most successful team at u23 level & at senior level. At any level older than u17, we have more titles than all African teams combined.

I wouldnt over analyze this meaningless 3rd place game. Nigeria faced Argentina five times at senior WC, losing all of them. We also beat the African / European all star team in WC final.

Patoeber and Burr repped this.
  19. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not worried. I just wanted this team to win because they were special crop of talent, they have River plate DNA and they had a good chance to get a trophy. They're the most successful team u17 for Argentina at this tournamemt I think. Plus beating Germany and France would have been cool. I'm not losing sleep over the loss. I'm losing sleep over mascherno still in charge though.

ganapordiego repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ruberto won the golden boots. I think its the first time our player won it at youth tournament since Aguero in 2007? Not counting Sudamericano or minor tourney like Cotif. In fact,its actually the first time Argentine player won individual award at u17 WC.

locoxriver repped this.
  21. Riquelme100

Riquelme100 Member

Villarreal
    Argentina
    Jun 30, 2018
    It was like watching men against boys. The mali players were stronger physically, quicker, taller

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This just popped up…
    D4006760-0E7C-46F9-A88E-D4793E44C1B9.jpeg

Lol

SupaMario repped this.
  23. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol rip.. terrible

SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's why the classic players will always looks better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Paz scored a beauty a week back for the B team. And he also got some minutes yesterday.