Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's sad but until the domestic economy gets back to it's feet even harder considering global circumstances things are not going to change. These clubs who used to be giants in their own right are now another set of feeder clubs in the chain. It's like a pyramid scheme. Sadly the Argentine clubs are at the bottom of that.

SupaMario, ganapordiego and soul24rage repped this.
  2. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Javier Mascherano's U-20 won their first tournament, COTIF Tournament. Tournament results;
    Argentina 0 – 0 Rukh Ukraine, group match
    Argentina 2 – 0 Valencia, group match
    Argentina 1 – 0 UD Alzira. group match
    Argentina 2 – 0 Levante UD, semi final
    Argentina 4 – 0 Uruguay, final

The final starting squad list was: Federico Gomes Gerth, Agustin Giay, Lautaro Di Lollo, Francisco Marco, Valentin Barco, Lautaro Lopez, Nicolas Paz, Agustin Rodriguez, Juan Gauto, Ignacio Maestro Puch and Brian Aguirre.

Goals by Agustín Giay, Ignacio Maestro Puch, Brian Aguirre and Lautaro Ovando.

I am still not totally convinced about Mascherano as a manager (might be too defensive oriented), but winning results are winning results.

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

This tournament is perhaps a step below the Pan Am games. Maybe on par. I’m not sure what we judgements we can make. In the past, the likes of Icardi and Lautaro have played in it. I don’t know who else but even with the Sun 20 Mundials, only a few of the players really make the leap to the senior team. With this? Maybe a couple. Who knows but the likes of Paz, Barco, and Di Lollo are notable names. I’m also interested to see how Gerth develops, he is a Tigre product and perhaps he gets his shot with the first team sooner than later.

But I tend to agree that Masche is a bit too defensive. I think there needs to be continuity from the U15 all the way to the senior team. All the coaches and managers need to have the team play in a similar fashion. I understand certain players can not do what XYZ does not there has to be parallels.

Albiceleste2010 and locoxriver repped this.
  4. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gerth is earmarked as seleccion material for the future. Saved a penalty in the final.

Barco unsurprisingly was player of the tournament. Boca need to give him his chance and a run of matches otherwise he needs to move like others that have prospered when they have moved on. di Lollo still has a lot to learn defending wise. He's far behind someone like Perez at the same age.

manu chao and SupaMario repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Julian Fernandez (18-year-old Velez winger) looking like one to keep in mind for the future

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That ball that Janson gave him tonight was a thing of beauty.

Albiceleste2010 and locoxriver repped this.
  7. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When you look at him it's hard not to think immediately of a young Angel di Maria. Even the lolloping stride.

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Somebody to keep your eye on. It could be merely be a flash in the pan but it will be interesting to see if he can continue this upward trend. He scored again today v River. Granted it was a penalty, which v Armani is basically getting an open net but he’s done well v the big boys…

[​IMG]

Also, Solari of River is one to keep your eye on as well. Has a bit of class in his finishes.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol @ “1 gol vs Independiente”

These aren’t the Bochini days, that’s practically like saying “scored on Sacachispas”

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

SupaMario repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’m not going to lie, I was thinking “He better score this or the River supporters that I break balls with are never going to let me off the hook.” :D

locoxriver repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brighton have sealed the signing of 17-year-old Rosario Central and Argentina U20 NT attacking midfielder Facundo Buonanotte.

He’ll stay in Argentina til the end of the year and join the Premier League side in 2023

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Apparently, a distant relative of Diego Buonanotte. But this is an interesting move. I’m not really keen on him going to England so early but he’s got real talent.‘I do not think it is the talent that could hurt him but being in England. Maybe a move to Spain or Italy would have been more ideal. Maybe they will loan him out for a couple years, who knows.

But it is evident that Brighton are trying to tap into the South American market, where there are currently five South Americans on the team, including Mac Allister. In essence, buy low, sell high.

Again, talented kid,I just hope his growth is not stagnated.

locoxriver repped this.
  14. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The EPL is THE SUPER LEAGUE. They buy all the talent in Europe so now even teams like Brighton are looking at young developing talent in S. America. Its a new world

Cosmin10 repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, looks like Central had a last minute change of mind and called off the transfer.. Buonanotte's agent is pissed, because everything had already been agreed with Brighton

"Nos reunimos con la gente de Brighton. En su momento, no tenía ni contrato con el club y podía irse por patria potestad. También tenía 2 millones de cláusula de salida", comenzó manifestando Roberto San Juan, para luego profundizar en lo sucedido en las últimas horas y dejar bien en claro lo avanzada que iba la operación y su sorpresa al respecto: "Este ida y vuelta nos sorprendió. Teníamos todo acordado. Con la gente del club inglés estaban empezando a pasar documentos. Ahora pasa esto".

Luego, dio detalles de la transferencia: "5 ó 6 millones y después eran 6 por objetivos, todos cumplibles. Después, una plusvalía de un 20 por ciento", y aseguró que "podía ser la mejor venta de la historia de Central. Una propuesta de la Premier no le llega a cualquiera, y con 17 años. La venta de Buonanotte podía dejar más plata que la de Julián Álvarez".

"Está a la vista la poca seriedad de Central. A través de los medios, es algo patético", soltó con munición pesada el agente sobre como se enteraron de que el pase se cayó.

El comunicado de Rosario Central sobre el futuro de Facundo Buonanotte

"La Comisión Directiva entiende que es su objetivo preservar los intereses de sus socios y socias y por tal motivo no cederá en la defensa de su mayor patrimonio futbolístico.

Por tal motivo, a Facundo Buonanotte se le ofrecerá una mejora considerable el contrato, pasando a ser el mayor sueldo del plantel profesional. Además, el Club Atlético Rosario Central tasa a partir de éste momento al jugador en la cifra de 20 millones de dólares, tomando tal como puntapié inicial para iniciar cualquier tipo de conversación con un Club comprador."
    https://www.tycsports.com/liga-prof...representante-bombas-dirigencia-id461483.html

SupaMario repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, that’s certainly going to make things a bit awkward between player and club. Looks like Central are going to try to squeeze more money from the English side, which can backfire, particularly if the player really wants to go…

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah... I wonder how it it'll play out.. Wouldn't be surprised if he just ends up going to Boca or River in a few years for less than what the Brits were offering

Or even worse, he leaves as a free agent out of spite.. I've been trying to figure out when his current contract expires, but all I can find is that he signed his first professional deal a few months ago in May (no official word until when).

18. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its pathetic and sad how our clubs try to squeeze every last peso they can on transfers of young players.

That's how once promising young talent end up in leagues that are horrible for development of young players; Russian league, Middle East leagues and MLS (hopefully that has changed about MLS). Instead of placing the young player in an environment that fosters growth and development, the Argentinean clubs sell to highest bidder regardless of destination, or they do this shit - fu#k with the transfer fee at last minute.

Ideally, players shouldn't be sold until they've mature. But if they are sold young, a leagues like Seria A, Dutch league (mostly Ajax) and the Portuguese league have been proven reliable for developing young players.

Gilbertsson repped this.
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just a rumor for now, but apparently Real Madrid are scouting a 16-year-old from Velez

DCA6AB6F-6411-4E1F-BA27-2B5049476845.jpeg

SupaMario repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, looks like we’ve taken one from the US. Granted he’s still a youngster but it does hurt to look at. And apparently the US tried to call him up but he rejected it, so here we are.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well done to the AFA for pinching him. NYCFC are basically Manchester City's American arm for siphoning talent for a pittance. Disgraceful enterprise.

Chesco United and megamac20817 repped this.
  22. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Benjamin Cremaschi box to box midfielder of Inter Miami called up to the u20. Son of a Puma and hockey mother. Has played for the US age group sides with success and is a MLS Future All Star.

AFA doing their homework. USSF unhappy again. Already signed a professional contract with Miami.

SupaMario repped this.
  23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mascherano (I'm having doubts about him to be honest) and his selection for the upcoming u20 tournament in Colombia.

[​IMG]
    No Gallo Tigres ? No Barco Boca ? I expect all the other overseas players called up to the Mundial u20. Some real talents there. Vallego, Incinas, Aude. And @Patoeber I watched some videos of Giay. Looks technically accomplished, strong and full of endurance for his role but very comfortable in midfield too.

His running style and comfort on the ball remind me of a young Zanetti. High praise indeed. Hope Masche sees some sense. How Barco misses out beats me. Aude is there obviously but always take two for each role.

SupaMario and Patoeber repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know Barco is in conflict with Boca to sign a new deal. They have offered him several contracts but he keeps turning them down. It is looking more and more likely that he’ll be released as a free agent in June. It’s the same route Nahuel Molina took when Riquelme tried to be a cheapskate and pay him a severely underwhelming contract. That’s how he ended up in Udinese instead..

Perhaps this has something to do with that. Being “punished” to pressure him into signing a deal.

Or maybe not… who knows

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  25. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In which case I can see a club like Udinese doing what they did before. Or Porto. Given Benfica's recent moves in Argentina over the years I can see them doing the same thing. It would be sad to see such a player miss out because of political machinations behind the scenes. Pick players on quality alone.