player signings

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by RUfan, Jan 6, 2009.

1. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. NYsocc10

NYsocc10 New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice to have some Australians on the team and actually signed. and not to mention but they are pretty nice on the eyes and from what ive seen, good players

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SkyBlue released Mary Therese McDonnell and added Lindsay Vera. What does the roster look like right now?

This list is from the preseason press release

Alexander, Cori
    Asante, Anita
    Averbuch, Yael
    Bardsley, Karen
    Branam, Jenni
    Buczkowski, Jen
    Dowling, Keeley
    French, Mele
    Hammond, Jenny
    Keselica, Noelle
    Kai, Natasha
    McCallum, Collette
    McDonnell, Mary Therese
    Myers, Shannon
    O’Reilly, Heather
    Parker, Kelly
    Perez, Sophia
    Rampone, Christie
    Rosana
    Schnur, Megan
    Shaner, Christie
    Sitch, Julianne
    Walsh, Sarah
    White, Kacey

The SkyBlue blog also shows that Asante, O'Reilly, White, and Averbuch have signed. Also six others including Rosana and the aforementioned Aussies.

4. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Vera in for McDonnell and your list is up to date. The team needs to release 2 more players by the March 25th final roster deadline. With 5 keepers on the current roster, I'd be surprised if the cuts didn't come from that group.

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't notice the 5 GKs on the roster. Just didn't look that closely. Any idea how many they want to keep? 2 on the 18 and then a 3rd as a dev. player? Or just keep 2? Alexander was their top draft pick, righ? She's been featured in the wpsblogs. I know nothing about Myers and I've at least heard the name of the others. Del Piero, who do you think will get cut?

6. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Before they brought in Branam, I thought Alexander and Bardsley were locks for the final 18 player roster with Myers or Perez as one of the developmental players. I believe most teams are looking to have 3 keepers between the 18 player roster and 4 developmentals. If SkyBlue does the same, 2 keepers will have to be let go.

7. OLDRNGR

OLDRNGR New Member

May 15, 2008
    Unless I missed an announcement, Alexander is the only GK with a contract as of this week. If so, she's locked in, and the team is keeping its options open with respect to the other 4. Should be interesting.

8. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    By my count, 10 SkyBlue players are currently under contract - O'Reilly, Walsh, Rosana, McCallum, Asante, Alexander, Dowling, White, Hammond & Averbuch. Anybody else that I've missed?

9. OLDRNGR

OLDRNGR New Member

May 15, 2008
    Going only by the press releases from the team over the past few months, it looks like Kai, Parker, and Rampone also have contracts. If that's true, that would make 13 with contracts total. I may have missed some, but I don't think I have.

10. OLDRNGR

OLDRNGR New Member

May 15, 2008
  11. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team has signed their top 13 (3 WNT, 5 Int'l, 5 draft) "picks", so unless the team has just not announced any others, the remaining players will be signed after they make the team.

It appears that Alexander did not play either preseason game, so either Sawyers wanted to see both Branam and Bardsely play to pick his #2 or Ian got Branam because Alexander has an injury.

12. Skoergal

Skoergal Member

Feb 19, 2004
    California
    Has Parker been signed? I notice she is still listed on the website as the SkyBlue having her rights, but not like the rest of the international players who have nothing under their names. Anyone know anything?

13. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Player list on the SkyBlue website is down to 21 names. Looks like Perez (GK), Myers (GK) and Vera (from Breakers) are the players missing. It will be interesting to see who the 22nd player is when the final roster is released today.

14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Equalizer
    It's official: a World Cup champion is coming to the #NWSL! Esther González has signed through the 2025 season with Gotham FC, with a mutual option for 2026.
    Jenna Tonelli has the story on the signing and what it means for third-place Gotham.
    [​IMG]: https://bit.ly/3snxQpE

Klingo3034 and ytrs repped this.