Planned Subs

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Buzz Killington, May 30, 2007.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

so what's everyone think? This is something people have been calling for for a long time.

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    very interesting, I wonder how they will tie this to training...perhaps training becomes based on minutes played instead of simply appearances.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah maybe only those don't get subbed out get the full training.

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Can a mod insert the upcoming stamina changes in this thread as well? I remote into a PC, so I can't paste it here.

Hopefully they drop the whole form hits, that's just dumb.

5. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    these are serious changes to the game engine. it definitely increases the tactical complexity of the game. i'm in favor, although i hope it won't be too complicated.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it looks like they might change it so you don't have to train it specifically like you do now maybe. I'd like that.

7. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it sounds fantastic. Plus, it could open up the possibility of not worrying as much about IM stamina--just swap 'em out at the half or something to keep possession up.

8. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5/30/2007 Upcoming change: Stamina
    As a result of introducing substitutions, stamina planning will come into more focus in the game and it is time to change the fact that today only playmakers really need stamina. For this reason, we want to announce that by the time substitutions reach the senior teams, stamina will be a skill that all player types benefit from. In fact, the whole stamina system will be redesigned to make this training type more realistic and fun to work with.

9. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on how many subs you get, I hope they only allow one per position.

10. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    its allready bad enough that i studied all nighter for finals, and now this its getting me dizzy. it might be the fact that i havent slept in 32 hours.

11. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I was just thinking about this last night too.

I like the fact you can get younger guys into games late but really how much experience can they give them for a late cameo?

12. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should've happened long ago. Anything that increases the tactical side of the game is a good thing. Hattrick is too much of an econimical manager and not enough of a soccer manager.

13. Paul2005

Paul2005 New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    NYC
    From HT editorial
    Isnt that what friendlies are for? Why would I bring a player in 15 mins from the end of a game when i can play him for 90 minutes in a friendly. And when are players ever unproven anyway? You can see how he played for the last team you bought him from.

I think HT guys are really running scared when it comes to other games and are trying to manufacture excitement about new changes that turn out to be hardly worth while. I felt excited about the initial posting about the youth academy and what a disappointment that turned out to be.

Anyone remember this?

14. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad they're trying out with the Youth teams first. Gives you a better chance to see what's up with those players.

Putting in younger players into the late games could also help their experience along, as league/cup matches offer more of that.

Often I've looked at a live match report and thought, "I should put another attacker/defender in at this point." This can improve things, no question.

My hopes:

1. Don't make stamina to where the lineups must be constantly reshuffled because players need rest. It's tough enough with injuries to keep the band together.

2. Situational subs for Blowouts, protecting a late lead/tie, pushing for a late win/tie, changing formation (center back out, attacking mid in).

3. Many supporter's groups have their favorite subs (in Colorado, it's Jacob Peterson). Maybe add a mechanic for that?

15. madea

madea New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I like the idea of subs for the youth teams. Right now you either have to sit your good players to test someone new or you have to let the new guys just sit except for every 3 weeks and hope you start them in the right position. I also have 3 wingers right now one really good one and two that are about equal but not half bad so I have to sit one of them to play the other. I would much rather play the two equal ones one half each and get them both some training.

16. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i just hope its going to be easier than other games sub menus

17. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the fact that we'll get to preview the new substitution rules.. it's a long overdue improvement in my opinion. Hopefully we'll be able to substitute as we wish given injuries, cards, score, minute .. etc... Would be nice to see how fresh legs might fare against a tired backline and whatnot.. if that sort of thing is part of the planned stamina improvements...