Place Your Ad Here - The 2022-2023 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, Jun 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will honestly have a hard time supporting the club with this administration if they are pulling off dirty shit like this. Perhaps this is why Laporta looks so confident about registering all of the new signings even before all levers are guaranteed.

Jpows repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On the good news side, attendance today was 83k+ and included a lot of tourists as tickets were open to anyone. The store at the stadium had lines outside and all sizes of the home jersey were sold out (but not sure if it was due to such strong demand or shortage due to supply chain issues).

Gilmango repped this.
  3. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I don’t know how much truth there is to all of this but if true it really is a bad look on the club. We can’t be spending crazy money like we have and then turn around and put Frenkie on blast like this.

I like Frenkie a lot, great player, great guy, and he absolutely loves this club so it’s a shame to see him being treated this way. I’ll be honest and say that I think Silva is probably a better fit here as the trust in Frenkie in his favored position was never really there and I’d welcome the Frenkie-Silva swap, BUT, not like this.

inswinger, unclesox and BocaFan repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I feel like we've spent enough of our future income at this point. The squad looks pretty competitive on paper already. So, even if we are able to sell FdJ for good money I'd rather that money be used to help stabilize the financial situation, including enabling the club to register its summer signings.

What Laporta is doing seems very Barto-esque, he's just doing it in a smarter way. The short-term mentality is a bit worrying though.

Jpows repped this.
  5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Surprisingly After SIX years of playing Champions League football, Barcelona superstar Frenkie De Jong has an astonishing 1 ASSIST. €85m [emoji24]

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Here are some details of FdJ's contract:

- In 2019 he agreed to 14m per season for 5 years (2024)
    - In 2020 with COVID, there was a 12% salary cut across the board. So he made around 12m
    - In October, Farto extended his contract till 2026 to spread the salary over a longer period.
    - In 2020-21, he received 3m.
    - In 2021-22, he received 9m.
    - From now onwards, his salary jumps to 18m. Plus loyalty bonus of 15m starting this year and a 2m bonus per season for appearing in 60% of games. All totaling 24m per season until 2026.

The illegal claim is BS. It's just a bad deal. One of many given by Farto. Maybe Laporta finds some clause in the club's bylaws to nullify the contract, but it's BS.

Jpows, Barc@4ever and unclesox repped this.
  7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599]| Frenkie de Jong has ACCEPTED a pay cut at Barca! The player WILL STAY a CULER! Xavi’s letters CRUCIAL in his decision! @gerardromero [[emoji954]]

ShortyMac and Gilmango repped this.
  8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Jesus

[emoji599][emoji599]| Ousmane Dembele's release clause is €100M, but if a club activates it to sign him, then the player will receive €50M. @sport

9. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    New Prediction Thread is up and open for all you Nostradamuses (Nostradami?)

Make your predictions before the weekend when La Liga kicks off.

[​IMG]

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    100m more sold off BLM rights.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Sounds like Diego Costa has signed for Rayo Vallecano. Radamel Falcao is already there. Will be interesting if they both start v Barca tomorrow (though unlikely in Costa's case since he hasn't played competitive football since January).

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Papa Bear and the cubs :p

[​IMG]

Barc@4ever and inswinger repped this.
  13. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Official site to track registered players in La Liga:
    https://www.laliga.com/fichajes/laliga-santander?page=1

At last check, we have Raphinha, Lewandowski, Kessie, and Christensen at the top of that list, so they must've been just registered in the last few hours. :thumbsup:

edit: Kounde and Dembele still question marks

Jpows repped this.
  14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Why register everyone APART from our best defender Kounde !?

Why register Roberto and Kessie !!!?

15. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Registering Kounde is contingent on salary reduction for Pique, which is still being sorted out. Kounde also just arrived at the club, and Xavi may want to ease him into the squad before tossing him out on the field.

edit: Kounde looks to miss the opener vs. Rayo, but the club has til midnight on 8/31 to register him for the season.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https://the...22/08/12/barcelona-confident-register-players

Jpows and TitoTata repped this.
  16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599][emoji2424]| Bernardo Silva: “Manchester City always say if a player is not happy, he can leave. They know what I want & we will see what happens.”

View attachment 220824

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    IMG_7985.jpg

18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Pep Guardiola on Bernardo Silva: "I want Bernardo at Man City, 100%. He's special. I don’t know what will happen, but he knows how much we like him and want him, how much we love him". [emoji838][emoji294]️ #MCFC

"But I don’t know what is going to happen...", Pep added.

19. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    is someone working on a match thread for today?

i could do this one if no one has started working on it already.
    nothing fancy and probably won't be able to do it every match.

inswinger repped this.
  20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    As rumours of Dest to ManU for £20 million circulate he has been left out of the squad today

21. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    Ohhh .. That's why , I guess they need to make sure Roberto plays so they are trying to eliminate the competition.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Dembele is on the squad list. So looks like only Kounde is unregistered.

The official squad reads as follows:
    Ter Stegen, Piqué, Araujo, Sergio, Dembélé, Pedri, Lewandowski, Ansu Fati, Ferran, Memphis, Christensen, Pjanic, Aubameyang, Jordi Alba, Kessie, Sergi Roberto , Frenkie De Jong, Raphinha, Eric, Iñaki Peña, Balde, Gavi and Arnau Tenas.

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji736]| CONFIRMED: Total offensive by Manchester United for Frenkie De Jong. They are confident of completing his signing next week, by making the best financial offer to both the player & FC Barcelona.
    @martinezferran [[emoji2422]]

24. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    So with Dest being put on the transfer list does Xavi really think he can win anything this season without any RB's in the squad ?

Because Araujo is still a CB and Roberto is still a midfielder , getting rid of both Wague and Dest without getting any replacement for them is screwing the entire team.

25. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Araujo and Kounde are our best CB’s and none of them are playing (/being played) at their best position. Should have focussed on getting our fullbacks sorted before anything else.

If we sign Alonso our LB will be sorted for now, but our RB remains a big concern and I really hope we won’t have to see Araujo be our RB for the whole season…