Pirlo Out? At What Point? The Manager Thread...

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 23, 2021.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    gumbacicc repped this.
  2. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Total wankers.

4. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La Repubblica reported that Allegri is ready to come back to Juve, even if we don't make the CL. It was also stated that he would be given almost a Sir Alex Ferguson role with transfer decisions among other responsibilities at Juventus.

It is funny, I agreed it was time to move on a couple years ago. However, after this season I welcome the idea of him coming back and freshening things up. He is one of the best at making due with what is given to him and considering we probably won't be able to spend a lot this summer...it's right in his wheelhouse.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    The fact that we are considering an Allegri return is an admission that the management have gotten this all wrong. Allegri's style of play is no longer how you win at the highest level. The board understood that when we moved on. The fact that we got rid of Allegri isn't the reason that we're in the position we are today. We are in this situation because of poor player personnel decisions, particularly in midfield, and bringing on Sarri, a substandard manager to replace Allegri.

Gasparini has now shown us (for years!) that you don't have to spend great deals of money to put together a competitive side that is entertaining. Imagine if he had Juve's resources.

dean smith and juveeer repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

This is nothing. Fans have been chanting "Devi Morire" for years!

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rumors are that Allegri will be reappointed as coach, nothing will save Pirlos job

8. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    #33 cizko, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Didn't Paratici and Agnelli both confirm that Pirlo will continue as Juve's coach next season? Even though we all know that their word doesn't mean a thing.

Though it would be quite funny if Allegri is back at the helm. What a waste the last two years would have been in such case.

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Allegri is no doubt better than Pirlo and Sarri, and we probably stand a better chance of qualifying for CL with him than any other manager we can get at the moment; but if we go back to Allegri, we have just put ourselves back to the end of the 2019 season with the same manager you decided to move on from who has a lesser squad. There needs to be a shakeup with management.

10. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Directed at kids? Kids who have nothing to do with the team in any way?

I guess I can't be surprised. Inter "ultras" have said although they make monkey noises doesn't mean they are racists...they just want to get in the players head...

11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Realizing you made a mistake is better than continuously bashing your square peg into a round hole and thinking everything else was wrong.

About Allegri's style of play, I don't fully agree with that. Zidane is a pragmatist who has won everything just like Allegri. Obviously Zidane peak CR7, and probably the best CM trio since peak Barca and for the record, I would take Casemiro, Kroos, Modric over the Barca 3. In the return leg against Atletico, we played a high line and high pressing team and demolished Simeone.

I agree that smart spending is best, precisely why Citeh, and PSG haven't won the CL yet (emphasis on yet).

NicktheGreek repped this.
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Growing up in the USA, I also couldn't believe hearing such things. It wasn't until I moved to Italy until I heard such talk and chants.

I remember Granata and Juve fans going at it as well as Laziali and Romanisti. Catania and Palermo fans were pretty bad as well only they were both in the Serie A for a short period of time.

It is very sad that they do this.

SF19 repped this.
  13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I wasn't suggesting that the club stay the course without considering changes. The point was a criticism of the managerial decisions made of late, particularly in the post-Marrotta era.

You can win with a pragmatist, no doubt. Zidane and Deschamps are evidence of that. However their sides have always been among the most talented you will find in the world, so you have to consider that part of the equation.

usnroach repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I would prefer Deschamps myself but he won't be available until the end of the summer at the earliest.

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Big changes seem more and more likely:

https://www.football-italia.net/169918/allegri-turin-fuels-juventus-speculations

SNIP:

"....The report confirms Fabio Paratici and Pavel Nedved will leave the club if Allegri returns and the future of Andrea Agnelli is also in doubt.

Both Paratici and Nedved pushed Agnelli to sack Allegri in 2019 and their contracts expire at the end of the season.

Exor CEO John Elkann met Agnelli at the Juventus training centre on Wednesday to discuss the future strategies of the club’s owners.

Juventus’ poor results this season and Agnelli’s position with UEFA and the FIGC after the Super League fiasco could lead to his farewell.

Alessandro Nasi and Evelina Christillin are among the candidates to replace Agnelli while Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli could become Juventus’ new sporting director...."

17. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I gotta say that I would really like to have Allegri back and maybe he can take a role like Alex Ferguson of Juventus.

There is a lot that really needs to happen with our club this summer to get back to where we were with Allegri. Re-Hire Allegri, and give him more power and control over the transfer market.

Patrici and Nedved need to go. They had a bad rapport with Allegri and are the two people that wanted him fired. Patrici also has not impressed me with his transfer strategy. We are bringing in too many individuals and not investing enough in our youth. Our biggest problem this season is we are playing like 11 individuals with no chemistry or teamwork.

Ronaldo needs to go. Yes he is still an amazing player, but the problem is the team relies on him way too much and he is kind of interfering with the development of many of our youngsters, and sadly Ronaldo will not last much longer in terms of talent. He is already slowing down and not the player he used to be.

I wonder if we could try going back to a 4-3-1-2, and play Arthur as a regista with McKenie and Rabiot in midfield. Then maybe Bernardeschi as an attacking midfielder behind Chiesa and Dybala? We really have a lot of great players that we can work with and the fact that Pirlo cannot produce better results is humiliating.

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Bernardeschi and Rabiot are as good as gone. I wouldn't count on them being here next season.

19. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Allegri is a great manager, but I have to wonder where he's been for two years. That he didn't test himself outside of Italy makes me wonder if he doubts himself. The game might be passing him at this point and if I'm not mistaken it was on that basis the Juve brass ousted him in the first place.

Football is not what it once was. There are teams of statisticians involved. Literally there are rocket scientists at some clubs. The use of technology, like GPS tracking, is being used by even lower division clubs around Europe, not just the very best clubs. The way he talks in interviews, that he doesn't even use a computer at home, etc., makes it sound like he's falling behind the curve a bit.

20. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is something that I wonder as well. But at the end of the day, with his knowledge of the game, it will almost always beat out some nerd with a computer (says that as a nerd on a computer). I think balance would be the right way forward. Sticking with Baronio and his sporting analystics with Allegri's brain and understanding of things. The issue would be if Allegri will just brush it off as something that doesn't matter like others do. The most successful organizations use it nowadays. I'm not saying we need to be like Leipzig with it or along that way of thinking.

SF19 repped this.
  21. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    In all honesty, I do not believe we will miss out on UCL. it is close, but we play Milan and Inter at home, and despite our poor season to standards, we generally have a good record at home. Inter already won the Scudetto, so its not like they have much to play for (no doubt they will work hard against us because they are our rivals), but usually once you won a championship, players lose momentum when they don't have much else to play for. It is pretty much common sense, especially against big teams, and it is in our stadium. Milan has been very inconsistent this season. Sometimes they can be great, but other times they are laughable. As long as we work hard in those games, I think we can beat Inter and Milan.

We really should beat Bologna and Sassuolo pretty easily as long as we don't underestimate them.

However, with the Coppa Italia, I am not so sure. Atalanta are a great team and I think they are going to go really hard for this trophy. I think their urgency and determination might just best our individual talent. Also we are not in a position to be putting so much effort into a Coppa Italia Final when we are fighting for a Champions League place.

With that said, I am pretty sure Pirlo is out regardless. We lost the Scudetto when clearly our team on paper is the most talented. It is beyond embarrassing. We also humiliated ourselves in the UCL. Sarri even won the Scudetto at least and still got sacked. I highly doubt Pirlo stays regardless.

SF19 repped this.
  22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I haven't read about any big club making an approach for Allegri since he left.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #49 falvo, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Claudio Marchisio on facebook gave a heartfelt message out to Pirlo thanking him for being his maestro etc. but also implying he may be gone soon.....

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From your lips to gods ears