Pirlo Out? At What Point? The Manager Thread...

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So there are a lot of rumors in Italy now that Pirlo might not even last the season. One even has him being let go within weeks and Tudor taking over until the summer when a permanent replacement will be named.

A couple weeks ago it was safe to say that Pirlo would be here until June, today that's another story.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One name that's being bandied about is Roberto Mancini, some reports that Juve could tap him to take over.

3. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Mancini would be interesting. I always felt Deschamps would do well as manager of a club like Juventus. He has history there as a player, plus he had a lot of success at Monaco and then with France.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deschamps was already a manager at Juve, when they were in Serie B. There was some friction with management at the time so he left.

SF19 repped this.
  5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm totally opposed to sacking a manager, any manager, before the end of the season. Period. I didn't even call for Sarri to be sacked before the end of the competitive year.

I don't care who the replacement is. it only serves to make an unstable situation more volatile.

Dante, usnroach and juveeer repped this.
  6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    There is no point in sacking Pirlo before the end of the season. Let him finish up and then evaluate where we are at that point.

Maybe all of this will finally light a fire under this group. Max or Conte would be taking strips out of most of the squad if they were in charge. Perhaps Pirlo's personality won't permit that. Most footballers are not as cerebral about the game as he is.

SF19 repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In an interview today with DAZN, Nedved said that Pirlo will remain on as coach.

Reminder that Agnelli, Paratici, and Nedved also told the media that Allegri and Sarri would remain as the Juve coach so don't take what they say at face value.

SF19 repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If there is a collapse all bets are off.

Including the troika.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pirlo watch. Judgement day is up. They are saying now he is gone if he loses to Toro or Napoli. Lippi or Allegri have been mentioned as caretaker's.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I've read is that Lippi could be brought in as a technical director to help guide Pirlo, not replace him.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Correct. That was the story a few days ago but now I read this...

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Correct. Tudor would take over was the story a few days ago and now I read this....

A less inviting theory would be Lippi or Allegri....

https://it.sports.yahoo.com/notizie/pirlo-rischio-se-floppa-con-082036031.html

13. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let’s hope he gets removed at the end of the season.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fabio Capello was handed AC Milan in 1991 replacing Sacchi but at least he had some experience as primavera and then a caretaker coach at Milan. He retained all of the players Arrigo built and he replaced Ancelotti with a young Albertini and signed goalkeeper Sebastiano Rossi. Milan with a a defense of Baresi, Costacurta/Galli Maldini and Tassotti were solid.

Capello was handed a great team but Pirlo inherited a team in transition. I feel bad for Pirlo because as one and done , its not really his fault. I mean he has no experience and was thrown into the fire and should never been appointed.

juveeer repped this.
  15. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    I feel for Pirlo but after the last 2 games have lost faith in him paratici and the squad. Massive changes ahead

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah he is in over his head but sooner or later, Juventus will have relinquished their run. I mean no one wins ten scudetti in a row!

Also Pirlo has absolutely no experience even in coaching youth teams so forget about being thrown to the wolves to a team like Juve. He should have stayed with the U23’s for a few years because this way he is one and done and I doubt the team will keep him around after they replace him.

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If we are going to sack Pirlo and bring in Tudor, that makes zero sense to me. I fail to see how that would assure us a CL spot.

So either keep him and let him sink or fall on his own efforts or replace him with someone who could make a difference.

Here is the speculation. We aren't getting Gasp or S Inzaghi during the season. Mad Max could come back now but that would require replacing the Bobsey Twins. Not sure that can be done that quickly as summer transfers will be on soon.

The rest on this list, no thanks:

https://www.football-italia.net/168745/who-could-replace-pirlo-juventus

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Honestly, considering Pirlo has or had absolutely no coaching experience and in analyzing it ,the coach has been Tudor all along.

Andrea may be there in name only but I think Tudor is mostly involved in tactics and training and Pirlo in the lineup but either way, they are in the same boat.

dean smith repped this.
  19. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a good point, I don't see Pirlo ever interacting with his staff during the game. He just stands there with his arms crossed and will shout a thing or two at the players throughout. It is weird to me that I don't see him going to his staff and talking about things? Maybe he is one of those people like Van Gaal who doesn't believe that in-game adjustments work?

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is what they say about Tudor:

21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I have probably been more critical of Allegri than anyone else here--but we're being nuts if we think he's coming back as some sort of stop-gap until we find a more suitable replacement. He is too good and too well-respected for that. If you don't intend on offering him the permanent position, don't bother.

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He wouldn't do that.

if he comes back, he is back. And that means the 2 that got him fired in the first place will most likely be gone instead.

IcEWoLF and cizko repped this.
  23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Isn’t it cool when dormant threads are revived?

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I would struggle with this decision if I were management as well. Pirlo clearly hasn't convinced, but when I look at this side, he's about fourth or fifth on the list of things that are wrong with the club. How does the management sack the manager when they are more to blame for our woes than Pirlo is?