Pires benched by French

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by antifan, Nov 10, 2004.

1. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pires out of France squad - BBC

This is actually probably good for us, due to the injury crisis. But i wonder what the effects will be on Bob's confidence as he is having a tough time at both club and country now.

2. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bob was pissed at the coach, which most likely led to his being left out. This shouldn't shake his confidence. Also, I agree this may be a good thing that allows him to get some extra rest and be fresh for EPL matches after the international break. Less games to get injured in.

3. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Doesn't suprise me one bit. With the comments about the coach and catching heat about wearing Nike gloves. He's not going to be asked back unless he gets in good with the guy. My guess is the current French coach will be fired in the next 3-6 months the way they are playing.

4. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    And in may even inspire new levels of greatness as a big two fingers to the french coach :)

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    A. What was the last good game you recall Pires having for France? If Pires was playing well, he wouldn't be dropped.
    B. France's talent level, especially on defense, is mediocre at best. Other than Gallas, whom they're still idiotically playing at RB, they have no world class defenders. Did you see who they trotted out there for the last game? Names no one had ever heard of, and Wiltord's starting again. The golden generation is long gone.

6. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    nice, you accidently posted this in the aresnal forum... it should be for the FRENCH forum...

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Since when has there been a difference?

8. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    since the beginning of time?