Piper to Sunderland

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by JoBeck, Aug 12, 2002.

1. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. forest.clough

forest.clough New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    mansfield . G.B.
    thats the way it is i,m afraid the money gap between the prem and div 1 is too big ,you need to sell to get straight just like forest had to sell jenas .the thing that looks in your favour at the moment is that others in div 1 with good players have to sell still i.e. ipswich .even if they sell herman herridason they will still have to make another 10 million to break even this season !

3. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I mentioned in another thread here, the transfer windows are hurting clubs that need to sell. Desperate for money, a lot of them have to sell players quickly before the window closes. In Leicester's case, Micky Adams has been searching every possible avenue for expanding his squad for months--including playing unpaid trialists--but he has been told repeatedly by the board that he must sell before he buys. Many people feel that it'll take a lot more than one sale to bring the club some money to get players.

Leicester City and their fans have to face the grim reality that every player is up for sale and the club is in no position to turn down a few million pounds. They can't afford to keep Izzet and Elliott's high salaries but if they can't find those two a new home soon, that's over 60,000 pounds a week combined that the club has to pay. When the window reopens briefly in the winter, maybe they can get a few players on the cheap but Leicester City will not be likely to afford more players. With an already thin squad playing a 46-game +cups schedule, disaster is not far away.

However, I feel that the club will be able to hold on to a few quality players who can do well in Division One. They can still have Taggart and Sinclair on defense, Brian Deane, Paul Dickov, and James Scowcroft going forward, and some up-and-coming players like Lythe, Stewart, Stevenson etc. They have a good manager in Micky Adams who has proven his ability in his young career, and I am confident that he canpoint the club in the right direction.

With the right combination of injury luck, sound tactics, and good morale, Leicester can have a successful season.