Pick 6+ Ticket Package

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by hav77, Feb 19, 2012.

1. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Anyone buy this yet? I am thinking of purchasing, but it doesn't seem to give the email ticket delivery option, only the standard mail. Anyone have any insight as to why? Thanks

2. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well, I was a bit hesitant at first because I prefer to print the tickets myself, but went ahead and got the 6 game package. Have never opted for hard tickets before, so hopefully everything will be smooth and there won't be any headaches involved.

ANYWAY got my tix for the following games:

3/10 HOMEOPENER! Against RSL
    4/14: Portland
    5/5: New York
    6/23: Whitecaps
    10/6: RSL again
    and of course
    10/28: Seattle

So excited about the season. Can't wait for the home opener.

3. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next time, always buy your tickets through the galaxy main office, never online.

They don't charge you tax or a service charge, and sometimes they throw in bonus games, for free, for games that don't sell very well. Last year I did the 3 pack a couple of times and the second time he gave me a few free tickets to the home match against Vancouver. I've been treated really good by them.

My question is, what about July & August & September?

1 person likes this.
  4. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this the cheapest way to get tickets? I'll be moving to Pomona this summer and want to get the best deal on Galaxy tickets because there's no way in hell I'd sign up to give lots of cash to Chivas.

5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good man, there.

Probably if cheap is your main goal, the answer is no. There are games where the team dumps tickets at promotional prices and you can get better deals. But, those are (not too surprisingly) the less attractive games. What you get with the package is a known quantity in terms of games and seat location. If you go the "cheapest" route you play roulette as to which games come on offer and where you are going to sit.

(BTW, not sure if you know the HDC or not, but I am pretty comfortable saying that the absolute worst seat in the house (and I have no idea where that is) is still a great place to watch the game.

6. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thanks for the advice, repped. I'm down here in the OC and don't really have the time to go to the box office, but good to know nonetheless. Regarding July, August, September, I figured it will be a busy summer for the Galaxy lads in general in regards to other competitions and whatnot and that's why I didn't get any tix for those games. The Smurfs game was intriguing, but chose the second RSL game in October instead as it will probably be a better game. Was also looking at the Union game, but because I'm buying these tickets as a gift to my dad, weekday games, even if on the 4th, are out of the question. Also thought about the Chivas game as well, but don't want to put my dad in harms way!

7. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I would have to agree with Cadaver, don't believe there are really any bad seats in the house. I've sat on the lawn before and even they weren't bad. Also, as Cadaver mentioned, this isn't the cheapest option out there, but I believe as far as ticket offers through the Galaxy, it might be. I got tickets for the Upper Sideline (best seats IMO). A ticket for this section if bought individually, would cost $54 (if email ticket option). Through the Pick 6+ ticket deal, each ticket costs about $39, so a $15 saving, not bad at all.

Though you're a Crew fan, consider yourself lucky to be able to witness in person an oh so potentially special, special team this year :)

8. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have to visit the box office in person. I live in LA, and I call the account executives and they handle my ticket orders. No service charge, no tax, and they mail you the hard copy of the tickets free of charge or put them in will call.

The Seattle game is an interesting game. It's the last game of the regular season and the only time Seattle visit the Galaxy. It could be a game that decides the SS and where the MLS Cup final is played, or just a rest game for our and their starters prior to the playoffs.

9. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I once won a seat in the President's Box. That was probably the worst viewing I ever had for a game at the HDC.

10. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Just bought my pick 6 plan. I can't wait for the season to start!

11. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sweet. Which games you going to?

12. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Home opener, Portland (4/14), NY (5/5), Vancouver (6/23), Dallas (8/26) and Seattle (10/28). I'll probably go to a few open cup, and CCL games too. So stoked to get this season started.