Pichon out for PHL-SD 9/14 Pasadena exhibition

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    She has a world cup qualifying match in Odense, Denmark the following day for France. Denmark has to not only win the game, but beat Les Bleus by a 3-goal margin to make it into the playoff for Europe's 5th spot for WWC 2003. France won 2-0 last month.

Paul

2. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    who is going?

i probably will be going with my whole soccer club organization... they are partnered or something and are buying a huge block of seats. depends if there is enough interest on my individual team though.

3. sushibait

sushibait New Member

Dec 7, 2000
    does anyone know what time the game is on Saturday? I can't find it on the website. Thanks!

4. Say What

Say What New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    San Diego
    Game Time

The Spirit match begins at 5 pm, and the Galaxy game at 8 pm.

5. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are some of us from SD that will be in section 6... According to the original press release put out by the team, the game was to be at 4pm, and my ticket lists the Galaxy-Earthquake game starting at 7pm - but the Galaxy site lists the times as 5pm and 8pm...

http://63.111.22.212/press_room/317094.html

6. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and here is the Rose Bowl event calendar, indicating that the starting times are 5pm and 7pm.

http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/calendar.htm

Now I'm really wondering what the correct time is!

Directions given for 'From San Diego Area' are:

Interstate 5 north towards Los Angeles 605 FWY north

210 FWY west towards Pasadena 210 West towards San Fernando

Exit Mountain/Seco, Lincoln, Arroyo Blvd/Windsor
    Follow signs.

For those who want to use something like MapQuest, the address there is 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103

8. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    The L.A. Galaxy website also says that the games will be at 5:00 and 8:00.

And I heard something on the radio this morning about things starting to get under way at 3:00. I have no idea what they were talking about as I came in at the end of the promo.

I'm guessing that it was referring to the pre-game festivities. I know that the Rose Bowl has a large grass area where they park the cars. And people usually get there early, tailgate and take part in a lot of pickup soccer games.

9. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just called the Galaxy front office and the starting times are 5pm and 8pm...

In the past I've overheard some conversations about the parking at the Rose Bowl being a problem. Does anyone know if that just means getting in and parking is a problem when there are capacity crowds, or could that mean something else?