Photojournalist looking for USA fans traveling to Germany in 2006

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by deedougie, Dec 16, 2005.

1. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My name is Douglas Zimmerman and I am a photojournalist located in Los Angeles. Next summer I will be working on a photography story to be published focusing on portraying the many United States soccer fans traveling to Germany to support the US National Team during the 2006 World Cup.

I have been a die-hard US Soccer fan for many years and in 2002 I worked on a similar photography essay about the US Soccer Fans who traveled to Korea to support the US team in the World Cup. The story appeared on ussoccer.com and a version of it can be viewed here.

For this new project I want to go more in-depth and photograph the entire spectrum of Americans who are so passionate about the game they are willing to take the time to travel around the world to support the national team.

If you have an interesting story to tell about how you are getting there, what you are going to do in Germany, or how you are going to support the US team, please feel free to get in touch with me via my email, deedougie@yahoo.com and tell me your story.

Thank you and go USA in 2006!

2. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Jegao Paraiba

Jegao Paraiba Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Morgantown, WV
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great photos.
    I don't think USA fans are going to be as hard to come by in Germany.
    I hope to be going, though I'm not sure how the ticket thing is going and I won't be going to Germany without tickets.

4. amacker88

amacker88 Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Will there be any money involeved? :) Me and my buddy are only high school seniors with a small budget so a little extra money would be great. We will probibly end up having a unique time being too kids just graduated from high school trying to make the whole trip cost under $2000

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you want to follow a crazy tenth grade american soccer lover and his dad around Germany ? If so , PM me . lol .

6. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but ethically as a photojournalist I cannot offer any money for anyone that I am photographing. But I do want to cover the whole spectrum of United States fans who are traveling to Germany and it sounds like you guys have an interesting story. If your willing to let me cover part of your trip to Germany you can pm me on bigsoccer or email me at deedougie@yahoo.com