Phoenix FC v. Pittsburgh, Friday May 3rd, 7:30pm, P/I/P

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Matt117, May 3, 2013.

1. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's keep the momentum from the Wilmington game going. This seems like a winnable game, but Pittsburgh should be fresher than Wilmington given this is the front end of their west coast trip.

Any injury updates?

2. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I know only Mackie is still out.

3. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LFR is meeting up at Devil's Advocate again before the match. People will start showing up at 3:30 , the bulk of people will be getting there around 5:30

4. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very disappointing result. Phoenix was dominating the proceedings and Pittsburgh was down on themselves. Phoenix should have scored more than one and it cost them 2 points.

The crowd was definitely bigger than the past 2 games. I think it was around 2k. I wonder if it was because it was Friday night, they won the last game, or just people are becoming aware of the team.

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a rule, the individual results don't normally tweak crowds too much, at least not directly (a win doesn't necessarily goose ticket sales for a game six days later, nor does a loss normally depress them). Awareness over time seems to have some impact, and dates are important. They announced 2,107.

Barring any potential USOC home matches, they have one home fixture in the next 39 days, and it's the Thursday night prior to Memorial Day weekend.

6. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That goal that Pittsburgh got was heartbreaking. I have to think if Grousis was in the back he would have cleared it. And yeah I like the connections that we have going forward we need the guys up top to score though and stop relying on golazos from the midfield. Was glad to see the crowd, I think Phoenix is a very 9-5 town and not being on a Sunday was a big help.