Phoenix FC v. Dayton, Fri. June 21 7:30pm, P/I/P

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Matt117, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really much to say about this one. Phoenix has to win if they want to make the playoffs. Kenn is supposedly attending, so that should help our cause. Diego is out according to Odeen Domingo. Hopefully, the defense plays well enough again and there is a nice sized crowd. Maybe Mackie finally scores tonight?

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought three! Win streak with me in attendance ends, but still unbeaten (2-0-1).

Bad game, bad crowd. 102 at kickoff (temp, not crowd), but it was not uncomfortable.

And no, Mackie did not score and was taken off after an hour, having done nothing.

Dayton could have scored literally in the last five seconds of the match, but that guy should have shot early instead of taking another touch.

3. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty disappointing. Phoenix had 15 corners, but not one goal. I'm guessing there going to practicing corners this week.

I saw a couple of the players after the game and they seemed really disappointed. I told Mackie good game. He said cheers and thanked us for coming, but he was really quiet and obviously not very happy. I talked to Bowen and he was really frustrated with the lack of goals. He did say that once they score one, they will probably score 5. I don't disagree with him either as there was lots of pressure, just not a lot of finishing. Sheldon was rocking a Guy Fawkes mask and actually seemed to be having a good time.

4. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just happy we didn't lose. I think the defense is starting to play together better so there is that.