Philly's OTHER MLS Supporter's Club

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by PhillySportsTeams.co, Nov 14, 2006.

1. PhillySportsTeams.co

Mar 29, 2006
    Philly
    With all respect to the SOB's, I think I'm going to start a supporter's club called the:

CRAZY CRACKERS!

Besides sounding good & being funny, it fits us: whether we like it or not, the number one thing associated with Philly besides Long Dong Franklin is the Liberty Bell- the bell is famous because of the crack. If we're basically represented by a crack, doesn't that make all of us CRACKERS in one way or another?

Thanks for listening. Who's with me?

2. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds too white and exclusionary. Can you pick something more menacing but with the same feeling?

3. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm...I think it's best if combine efforts in the infancy of building a fanbase (whenever we get a team) in order to do just that--unite and build support. As time goes on, I'd imagine other supporters groups would naturally arise.

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't even know what a cracker was until I moved to the south.

Good luck with the new club.
    Now all we need is an actual team. ;)

5. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, like that will happen. Although with recent trolling, how ironic would it be if OnGoal called Milestone and asked if they were still interested

6. PhillySportsTeams.co

Mar 29, 2006
    Philly
    WOW! People actually took my post SERIOUSLY?!? Ummmm... okay. It never even crossed my mind that anyone would not clearly see the over the top comedy. I'm honestly sorry. I really thought I made it wacky enough to be taken as a joke.

***just for the record I'm far from a cracker in the racial sense of the word

7. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In terms of race sensititivity soccer, in Europe, has been way below par. I wanted to make sure that no level of that part of fandom snuck in here.

8. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Oh for f''s sake, if you call me a cracker I'm not gonna get all pissy. Call me Keebler if you want to. I thought it was funny as hell, and quite frankly, I don't know many people who get upset over the use of the word.

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "n4100 is a Philly Cracker!"
    ;)

10. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know anybody that gets offended by the term cracker or white trash. I'm just saying that we should avoid anything that could be perceived as related to race.

11. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Just put some cheese on me.