Philly in the paper again

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by BulaJacket, Jul 30, 2003.

1. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More Philly talk:
    http://soccertimes.com/mls/2003/jul31.htm

3. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

United States
    May 9, 2003
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    "Several" teams have folded? Since when is two "several?" Or are those rear-screen projections, or computer graphics I see on TV every Saturday? Last I heard, there were still 10 teams in MLS. If only I'd known...

5. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    If the dude who owns the Eagle is willing to invest in the league, I am all for it... if Uncle Phil is the investor, i would rather go with different market... Another instead rival for us if it happens!

6. stagehand

stagehand New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    The Linc is great but...

The Linc is a good place to host a team until its own stadium can be built, but I think we will need our own stadium within a couple of years.

Philadelphia is and has been one of the great footie cities in America thanks to its diverse ethnic populaiton and neighborhoods. I know I would be a lot more enthusiastic about MLS if I had a home team. Right now Philly are folk - and the are a lot of them - don't have any interest in the league - are we supposed to root for NY or DC - I don't think so! Don't even sugget a West Coast or Texas team!

Public transportation is a must. A location in the city is a must as well. I can fathom having a Philadelphia club located in a town outside of the city or, GASP, New Jersey.

What would you all think of a stadium in Northern Liberties, near where they wanted to build the Phillies stadium. Plenty of space to build, downtown location, just a handfull o blocks form eithe rMArket-Frankford or the Broad St. line.

Driving would suck for us Delaware people, but I could always catch the Septa R2 in Marcus Hook and take it right into Suburban Station.

7. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to pull up a 4 year old thread :p

8. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Golly, you must have gone through a lot of threads or have your threader set to chron order to choose this lame thread to respond to. Read some newer threads and welcome back to the madness.

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great insight. Thanks!