PFA Nominations

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by RealMadGunner, Apr 16, 2007.

1. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Professional Footballers' Association player of the year award nominations
    If only Cesc had scored more goals, i'm sure he'd be one of the favorites to win this thing !!

2. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Very suprised that Essien is not on the list, but I reckon there is one inevitable winner for it... and he doesn't even have a name!

3. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    He's got several in my house:D

4. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

And you need to wash that dirty mouth of yours out with soap! :p

5. Naushad78

Naushad78 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Blah...this is boring. But it would be a surprise if Drogs snatched it from C.Ronaldo.
    I found myself laughing at SAF's recent comments about Ronaldo can be as good as Pele Maradona etc etc. This kid has had one power season and they're already talking like he already IS Pele or whoever. While our Titi has been burning the pitch since he arrived, topped the scoring in 5 out of 6 seasons and been simply sensational and. That's the ManUtd folk for ya....their talk is sickening and I want to see them get one trophy at the most.

6. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    The nameless one to win it, with Our Boy Fabregas to get the young player award...

7. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What do you expect him to say? Ronaldo is his player, his play is the primary reason Man Utd's had the season they've had. I'd expect nothing less from a coach about any of his players.

8. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

I've just got this image of Fergie practising in front of the mirror in my head

"Ye'all a bunch of idiots if ye canna see tha lad Richardson is gonna be as gud as Pele......ugh...snorttle...choke....nah, ye right, I canna say it without choking..."

Apologies for the lousy accent. In real life, I'm actually worse!

9. Naushad78

Naushad78 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    We'll wait to see if he can do it for 5-6 seasons on the trot before we utter Pele/Maradona and Ronaldo in the same sentence let alone the same breath. It's the hyperbole that is sickening. Sure, praise him...but gimme a break!!!

10. gooner4eva

gooner4eva New Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Bangor University
    why isnt ashey cole on the list... wasnt his ************** good enough for the premier league chairman??

11. Cornballer

Cornballer Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should make it that if you get nominated for the PFA POY, you're not eligible for the young player's award. Seems silly to have them doubling up like this. If one of the younger players win's the POY, then don't they by definition have to win the young player's award as well? :confused:

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Evra stated he thought Ronaldo had the ability to make the same impact as Pele and Maradona. When Ferguson was asked about this he responded by saying:

"At 22, he has the same skill factor as Maradona and Pele. He is one of the best signings I have ever made. The measurement of his improvement this year is astronomical. In terms of top-flight football, where do you find a winger who has scored 20 goals. It is incredible. Without question, Cristiano is getting to the level of best player in the world. Thereafter, it is up to others to decide whether he is as good as Maradona and Pele. That is the challenge in front of him now."

I don't see anything wrong with what he stated, so I have no idea why you chose to go off on a rant about it. Jealousy perhaps? If Wenger was asked about Fabregas and historical player x or y then he would have said similar.

13. XCdude24

XCdude24 New Member

Dec 16, 2006
    UCSB
    As overrated as he is, I still see shrek snatching the young player award away from Cesc.

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Last time I checked he was on course for his best season in terms of goals and was the leading the league in assists. All of that despite his poor form at the start of the season when he was recovering from injury. Not bad for an 'overrated' player. If he is 'overrated' then what the hell does that make your players?

15. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Our players are not 'over rated" .. They're all potential superstars .. ;)

16. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Cesc Is Taylor Made For Award