"Petrol Money Can't Buy Me Love" - El BienvenISCO Al Mejor Club Del Mundo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Don't bother with that Welsh bastard.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't mind Isco leaving or staying.

MerlinRM, Shay Z, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In and around he stadium, sure, but it's grating to face up every stereotype in the book from otherwise regular people every 2 years (Euro, WC).

There have been positives (integration of second and third generation migrants into the national teams and as such in high visibility positions in society for example), but the world cup has become to football what the Eurovision Song contest has become to music.

4. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I prefer him staying, he’s useful off the bench or starting occasionally. I say James (and possibly Modric) should depart.

Prit Javier, Lyra and temesgen repped this.
  5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m in this boat Because he doesn’t kick up a fuss and can create some magic here and there. But then again, we have a lot of young players that need a place.

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Secret? Lol, I mean Isco you are better than you were but still not world class. Not even a consistent goal threat.

Digital, madridista_hr and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, remains an inconsistent player at best and not a real goal threat

9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He looked great in the last two game he featured in, a shout for MoTM against Osasuna and was among the best against Levante for the first 60 minutes or so, hope he keeps this up.

Lyra repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    At some point, we have to start expecting a lot more from someone playing in that role behind the strikers.

Stiliyan, Doni and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, like shots or assists. He has been good recently, I dig it, but he hasn’t been reliable at all.

Stiliyan, Bear Crotch and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I agree, that goal against Osasuna was a good start and if Bale wasn’t useless he could have had at least 2 assists in that same game, he also set Benzema up against Levante only for Benz to waffle the 1 v 1. We should expect more of course but there are encouraging signs.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The players who are supposed to be goal threats by job description are shitting the bed. Let's instead blame a midfield playing behind him cause why not?

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Behind who?, I am not “blaming” anyone in my post, I am stating what I think about Isco as a player, he is and has always been inconsistent, up and down, that’s a fact for me, and Isco isn’t a CM in my eyes, never will be, not good enough to play that position,

for me he is an AM and since we don’t use that position he is usually posited in the front three with the ability to roam, part of a front two in 4-4-2, or at the top of a midfield 5, in any of these positions I expect goals from him, more so than he has provided to be honest ,

right in this forum people complain bitterly about a lack of goals from our CM’s Toni and Luka, why on earth should a player who more often than not plays further forward not be expected to contribute with more consistency,

I think that job description should apply to Isco too actually, considering where he plays

Prit Javier repped this.
  15. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of those players that should be regularly subbed off after 50 minutes. He simply disappears. Not to mention his trash end product.
    1 goal, 0 assists in 1000 mins of Liga and UCL.

34yo Modric who plays less advanced:
    4 goals, 4 assists in 1500 mins.

Eddie repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What kind of efficiency numbers are we talking about here? Shots on goal per average?

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any end product really, or anything that comes close to it. He just doesn't do enough in the final 3rd to warrant those minutes.

18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Final pass, goals, assists.

19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Such a massive disappointment to me.

He just never jumped to that consistent world-class status I thought he'd get to esp once our older guys started aging and spots were available for him to grab. Not a starter after almost 7 yrs here? Shocking.

He just seems so comfortable in his backup role. Sad to see for a player with his talent.

I wouldn't mind if we didn't have youngsters waiting for a chance. We should sell this summer but I would be shocked if Isco actually shows initiative and goes to a team where he can start

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I think we should have 5 CMs and keep Isco as the AM, this way we keep the variety in the squad

21. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Scored,but another terrible performance........overall he has been very good player for the club .Some fans are disapointed with him because the expectation for him were unrealistic-"the new Iniesta"....i mean no way.
    Isco has always been overhyped David Silva to me ,which is not bad as Silva was great player in his prime

Prit Javier repped this.
  22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    At this point he is just a circus player. Fantastic touch, flicks but that is it. Odegaard please.

RMrules repped this.
  23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Drouchk repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That is disgraceful

Digital, yoanaidarov and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If your top scorer is Isco....Good night

Digital, yoanaidarov and Modric-87 repped this.