Petition to Crew Management, FO and HSG.

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Own Goal Hat-Trick, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    I am no longer a Crew supporter, and i will not spend a dime to see a crew match, until Greg Andrulis is removed of his position.

if anyone else is with me, i encourage you to make it known.

2. TheOtherBastard

TheOtherBastard New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Akron, OH
    Here here!

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clark Hunt: This is on YOU douchebag.

The guy had no contract. YOU decided to keep him around.

You are as incompetent as he is. It's really nice that your grandfather made a lot of money so you can own a soccer team. It's just too bad money doesn't give you any brains.

Go fookm yourself, you douchebag. Go have a nice dinner at your club and then go give your mistress a good boning. WHat do you care? You live in Dallas. To you all that matters is how many bratwurst get sold.

I'm done blaming Andrulis - I blame you.

4. Braveheart_NY

Braveheart_NY New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    New York
    That coach should just leave crew stadium tonite, no way he should be allowed in the locker room, in fact get out of Columbus. It doesn't take a genius to put the best team on the field tonite. the Crew coach let his team and MLS down tonite. As a MLS supporter i was let down by the crew coach. No petition is needed, If the coach is not sack by tommorow afternoon, the crew will be the laughingstock of the league.

5. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    <sarcasm>Oh....But he had an 18 game unbeaten streak. He won the Supporters Shield. There's no reason why we should fire him. Who cares if we didn't make it to the measley MLS Cup? MLS should be adopt the European system anyway and then we would've been the champs. Because of our great accomplishments this season, he should be hired for life. </sarcasm>

6. Braveheart_NY

Braveheart_NY New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    New York
    hopefully the european system will be a possibility in the future for MLS. the system create a better season IMO.

7. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
    Who should replace Andrulis if he goes? Bruce Arena already has a job. Gansler? I think he could help them.

I agree that he made some gaffes. I think he didn't know how to use Sannah, for example. I think Szetela should have become a regular. I think he doesn't know how to use Martino or develop players.

In fairness, the injury to Paule at the end of the year kind of broke up their momentum. I also agreed with his benching of Cunningham.

8. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    i dont care if a plate of steaming hot dog ******** replaced andrulis, itd be a better coach than he is.

9. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    Damn straight.

Honestly, why should I continue making 5-hour trips each way on the few weekends I don't have to work when it's just to see Andrulis fail to coach his way out of a paper bag?

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I'm sure your threat to NOT attend games (from Deleware) is going to carry a lot of weight with the Crew.

11. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    ******** off. We're going through the Kubler-Ross stages of death here.

12. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Wasn't Andrulis the same coach who led you guys to the 18 straight game streak, which left all you Crew folk beaming with pride?

Also, wasn't it on these very boards that people called for the possibility of Buddle to be benched?

I didn't agree with his starting lineup. I also thought the Szetela sub was inane. But honestly, the two missed pks show the fault is on the players, and they have to receive some of the blame for what happened.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An 18 game unbeaten streak and home field advantage is the same thing as having a hot girl at your side and having her walk away.

You gotta take advantage of the situation. If it's in your lap, go for it. Or else you look like a damn moron. Or Greg Andrulis.

14. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Barring injuries or team rule violations... there is no excuse for that starting lineup today.

I would love to know the reason to start Dante Washington and leave Buddle on the bench. It's just a joke.

I don't mind bringing on Szetela, but to pull Martino?

15. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    That team had no patience, no.....********ing whatever.

******** soccer....

I'm taking up fishing or something.

16. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll just repeat from the 2nd match thread regarding the coaching staff...

They built a team to win MLS and Open Cups this year, they got their team to gel and go undefeated for the majority of the season, go into the playoffs with only one injury (Paule) on an otherwise healthy and fully-powered team (even adding offense with Dante) full of good veterans and promising youth.

And we are bounced from both Open and MLS Cup in the first round (adding: to the Fire who didn't even make the finals, and to NE the worst team to make the playoffs).

17. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? So we could have 1 forward out on the field? I still don't agree with it. Not at all.

18. chorusofone

chorusofone New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Columbus
    Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I want our suck coach gone as much as everyone else, but the missed penelty kicks were not his direct fault (unless he said, "Hey Tony, why don't you let Reis know what direction you're going and then kick it like a pansy"). If we hit both kicks we are on to the next round. Still his game management leaves LOTS to be desired.

chorusofone

19. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK fine. Then look at it another way.

Suppose Prus never calls those penalties. We've certainly seen enough similar fouls go uncalled. Hell, we saw similar fouls IN THAT GAME that didn't get called.

So if those calls aren't made, and thus no PK's are called guess what: WE STILL LOSE.

Unless you're suggesting that Greg's strategy was to play for the PK's and he brilliantly engineered the calls and the players blew it, then you're still stuck with the basic truth: the team had very little offense, and the wrong personnel on the field to score with.

The PK's are just a smoke screen. Nobody draws up a "PK strategy" on the blackboard.

The real question is "Where was the offense that we needed to score two goals with"?

20. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    no doubt. greg fielded a lineup which would have worked if we had HAD the lead coming into the home match...

maybe he was just confused about the first match and thought we had won?? :confused:

21. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to disagree with you guys somewhat about firing Andrulis, and I still do. I didn't see the whole game, saw all the highlights on FSW. Saw the two missed PKs, saw the chances your players blew. I did not realize that Andrulis started Washington over Buddle and took out Martino for Szetela (defensive player for an offensive player while you're down, wow!). Those two truly are DUMB decisions.

22. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why do you still disagree with our desire to fire him? Other than the fact that retaining him benefits your team and the rest of MLS, and whatever poor sack of crap would have to end up giving him his next job if we let him go.

23. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I agree with your main point but I think we should have had a PK strategy. There was at least a possibility of the series being decided by PKs after overtime if we had outscored the Revs by 1 goal. We should have been practicing PKs all week and had a rotation set before the match began. Just another detail that Coach Clueless didn't attend to.

24. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listen wankers.... you wanted to be p!ssed at someone, be pissed at Paule and Sannah... they missed 2.. count em, 2 PK's... if they couldve scored 1 of them u would be advancing... now i will back up and say, who chose Sannah to take the PK??? isnt either buddle or cunningham that was 7 4 7 when it came to PK's this season? (thank you rob stone)

Andrulis brings u guys from a crap team at the start of the season, to supporters shield winner, and now u want him fired? be more p!ssed at the players...

25. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    You had me at wanker.