Peterborough United v. QPR (D2 -- Matchday 13) [R]

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Atouk, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2. QPR, 6-5-1, +15, 23 points
    19. Peterborough United, 2-5-6, -5, 11 points
    ------
    18 October, 3:15 (delayed 15 minutes due to traffic)
    London Road
    ------
    Rangers face Peterborough United in attempt to earn their third league road victory of the year.

2. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gnohere is gone; Carlisle isn't quite ready to start; Shittu, Edghill & Rose are hurt; so we've got another makeshift lineup in the back.

Here's the lineup:

Day,
    Barton, Forbes, Palmer, Padula,
    Rowlands, Bean, Bircham, McLeod,
    Gallen, Furlong

The bench:

Carlisle, Ainsworth, Thorpe, Sabin, Culkin

I guess that's either a good sign about Barton's form or a not-so-good one about Ainsworth's, because Rowlands was clearly going to start at one of the spots on the right and Holloway has decided to go with Rowlands/Barton, rather than Ainsworth/Rowlands. I guess it could just be a statement of how valuable Rowlands has become in the attack.

Just about time for kickoff...

3. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, Rangers have 9 wins, 6 draws, 6 losses against Peterborough all-time, including an 8-4-4 record in league play.

Marcus Bean was down and received some treatment after a collision. Seems to be ok.

Peterborough has one shot on goal, but the R's have had more of the possession and chances.

Posh 0:0 SuperHoops
    20 minutes in

4. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing a man up for 60 minutes, Rangers were unable to score and settled for a 0:0 result at London Road.

There was good news today, however, as both Brighton and Port Vale lost. With Brighton's loss, we're now just three points behind first place with game in hand.

We're going to face one ticked off team at Vale Park on Tuesday -- they lost 1-5 at home to Plymouth Argyle today.

Plymouth's big win pulls them even with us on 24 points and +5 GD, but we have a game in hand on them too. We're officially third, as they've scored more goals.

5. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Dissapointing today from the sounds of it. We should be able to finish a team off in this division with a man up. We still have a game in hand - and I think that we'll be there in the end.

Even though we didn't get the 3 points - I'm still reminded how wonderful it is to support QPR and not Chelshite. The filth lost at Highbury this afternoon - due to a catastrophic blunder by (not as good as the American keepers) Cudicini. And Scum supporters are calling into Talksport afterwards saying the Ranieri should be sacked.

I pity them. Filthy bastards.