Peter Hirdt formula predicts Revs win the Cup!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Coach_Barry, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will spare you all the details but give you the abridged version. Using Peter Hirdt's information in today's MLSNet article, I predict that the Revs will win the cup.

NE beats Mutts with better overall record, most points in the last 5, best end of season streak and higher offensive rank.

We then go on to beat the Fire who have gotten past DC. While they have the better overall record and better defense, we hold the edge on most points in the last 5, better end of season streak and higher ranked offense.

Hirdt's formula puts us up against Kansas City who beat Colorado and San Jose to get to MLS Cup

We win the cup with a better overall record, more points in the last 5 games, better end of season streak, and higher ranked offense.

(I didn't count head to head becuase its pretty much a wash)

I feel much better now. :)

2. Kenp

Kenp BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 17, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Absolutely! Me, too!

Now what's all this nonsense about "playing the game"? ;)

3. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well I would be disappointed if the Revs dont make MLS Cup. They are the best team in the east, hands down. Anybody can argue with me on that and I'll shut them up. The west is a different story with the Revs, but if we get into MLS Cup, we will win it. We'll have too much momentum on our side to win it.

4. Revs007

Revs007 Member

Nov 11, 2000
    Boston

I love the enthusiasm!

But i am a little scared of Chicago, especially when they got home field in the semis.

5. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I find amazing is the mix of opinions by the "experts" Hirdt makes the very first pundit on any media outlet (save local) touting the Revs let alone even giving them a chance or second thought. On MLSnet and FSW it has been all Chicago and SJ. But in reading quotes in the paper other players and coaches are talking about the Revs as favorites. While I'll grant you that we see the world through "Revs-tinted" glasses, the rest of the MLS universe seems to have a Revs blind spot.

But that's OK, I say let's just take it. Our invisible team playing with the best invisible playmaker and the best invisible rookie in the league can just quietly take the Cup!

6. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Keep in mind that Chicago padded their home record with that ridiculous Junior High field that gave them such an unfair advantage. That field is history.