PES5, and why I can beat anyone at it.

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by JoshDB, Dec 11, 2005.

1. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The newest installment of PES5 isn't much of an improvement over its predecessor, but still beats FIFA 06 by miles in terms of gameplay. I dislike how, in order to make the game more difficult, they simply gave the computer players steroids so they could outpace you. (Roy Keane outpaces Michael Owen, for example.)

They continue to under-rate Chelsea in this game, but I can still beat anyone with them.

Why?

I'm good.

That is all. :cool:

2. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    At what difficulty level though :)

Oh and don't let the stat bars for each team fool you. They are an average of the entire player-rosters abilities. The increased roster size for more "famous" teams means there are invaraibly more players bringing down the average, making Chelsea took like a weaker squad then say, Bolton, for example.

3. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    im playing this online (ps2) off the bt servers a.t.m. and im currently in 3a division,username srd,so if you fancy a game p.m. me.....

p.s. i wont be playing half cut anymore b.t.w.,due to a minor dip in performances which has seen my record drop to W:12 D:16 L:11 win ave:38%

:cool:

4. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argh. My game is screwing up all of a sudden. It crashes before the matches start.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Got Civilisation IV :D

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Heh, I played some guy who was a Class 6 - Div II player.

I beat his arse 3-0 and he turns it off after Gilardino scores the 3rd on the 82nd minute past Van der Sar.

What a clown. These so called 'good' players can be right pricks sometimes.

Just can't admit when they are beat.

And I beat his arse good. :cool:

Still my record stands at Chelsea 9-0 Chelsea. :D

Carlton Cole scored 6 for me. :eek:

7. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You can win, just play smart football. You really have to play like a pro when playing on high difficulty. One of the things i used to do all the time is take on the fullback, one on one, beat him, (the centerback will come to cover) cross quickly, whether driven, or on the ground. That used to work a lot, then i just pass the ball around, and just draw the other team into my half, the beat them with a few quick passes.

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Anyone played the PSP version yet?

9. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    i really gets my goat when the other player lags the half their hosting just to try and gain an advantage.......it's a video game people.

b.t.w in the rankings table if you sort it by con wins some guy has 100 wins in a row one draw form 101 games played......seems a bit fishy if you ask me.

10. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Its poo. No master league for one, and its just really hard to play with the reduced number of buttons the PSP has.

11. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Have you downloaded a customized option file from the net? Apparently its possbile the game crashes with edited kits see...

12. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I dunno about PES but in a few games ive played online yanking the network cable before the game ends can stop a loss registering on any "stats" the game might track.

I had such high hopes for console gaming onlline what with the level playing field in terms of hardware - but cheating is still rife.

13. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    game of choice ATM

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002

Haven't had the time to get fully into it yet, but looks good so far.

Time to 'retire' the other three :)

15. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is definitely time consuming and very involved. Just got it a month ago.

Try to play a full game about once a week with some people I know who have it, but usually do not have that kind of time and stick to 1 player games.

16. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    in pro evo 5 if you do that it counts as a dissconnect and equals a 3 - 0 loss against you.so at least thats something.......but yeah cheating is rife but at least the pro evo servers have an ignore list like we have here,so if you come across a cheat or a prat at least you ignore the fecker......

17. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    For me the biggest lure of online play now is i can play games against mates, without the need to all cram round one tv. Plus certain games - shooters in particular - are ghey with split screen cos you cant sneak up on each other as they can see your screen :D

18. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    uugghhh...splitscreen gives me a headache mate,and i normally get lost to boot.

19. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    For those that often win on online play... about what difficulty do you play against the CPU? Like how many stars, what stength team do you play as and against?

I'm curious because I can't play online (dialup), but now dominate the ML on six stars with a team mostly of 70's stats.
    Yes, I play the game far too much. For months I wasn't anywhere near this good at it.

20. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    it doesnt matter what level you play against the com in ml mode.once you go online human's play very differantly from the com,abit sometimes predicable.

example in master league mode the com will normally play it's teams default formation/line up,online everyone plays their own prefered players,formations and tactics.so you might play brazil five times in one night but it'll never be the same team twice.

honestly all master league skill goes out the window against another person,which is what makes it so much more fun to play.also going onto a spanish or french server to give the lads a bloody nose is a great laugh,cause they dont half get upset when you win :D

as for teams selected most people use the bigger clubs/countrys but sometime's you can organise a special match in the lobbys were you'll both play as weakersides for a laugh.

21. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Wow you must be pretty damned good. I get my arse handed to me on the 3-star setting unless I play as a good team vs a crap team. Like Arsenal vs Chelsea for example...

:D

22. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Chelsea and Milan are the sh!t on this game.

Arsenal are quite good, but only if you play Henry and give him the ball.

I usually play with teams with high work-rate/team-work levels because of the coverage they will give you on the pitch.

also: imo human players are much easier than the cpu at 6 stars - mainly because the cpu puts tactics on - however there are guys out there who are just solid.

23. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    lol. Yeah I hate that. Fwiw, I beat another clown Div I with mega-leg and he turned it off in the 89th.

:cool:

24. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Further proof (as if it were needed) that PES is the most realistic footy game out there ;)

25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was going to say the same thing...